“Wonderful Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ivy Inn Restaurant

The Ivy Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ivy Road
Transit: No public transit
Description: Locally-Inspired Seasonal American Cuisine in an historic house originally built in 1789. Family owned business for 20+ years.
Washington, DC
“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We came to Charlottesville for a few days, and dined here from the great recommendations of TripAdvisor and our Inn Keeper. We were not disappointed! The lamb was amazing, and some of the best I have ever had. The overall dining experience was tremendous, and we hope to return soon.

• Visited April 2013

Marion, North Carolina
“Expensive but delicious”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The prices are very high and the servings small, but the food was good, as was the service. The wine list is extensive. My daughter had the duck, which was the best of our four meals. I had the lamb which was way overpriced for what it was. It was billed as rack of lamb a Greek "dual" side gyros. It had 3 very thin, tiny sliced chops from the rack and a thin slice of lamb in a pita with a bit of sauce for $32.00. From previous reviews, I expected more value.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

One of the best if not THE best restaurant i have ever been to in the United States! The food war absolutely delicious and the service exquisite! The Scottisch Salmon Fillet is my favorite, soooo tasty and perfectly combined with the side dishes. We had such a wonderful experience that we went back 4 days later.

Visited March 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We four visitors to Charlottesville had one of our best meals ever at The Ivy Inn. The service (by Frances) was excellent. We told her we were not in a hurry, and she timed our dining perfectly--always there when we needed her.
We sat in a smallish room (4 or 5 tables) and appreciated the privacy from the large dining room, which seemed a bit noisy on a Thursday evening.
The food itself was excellent: we enjoyed the warm wild mushroom appetizer and one diner had the cheese platter: small servings of a variety of good cheeses and dried fruits. Our main courses were the duck breast (perfectly cooked at medium rare, as ordered), two had the Black Angus tenderloin, and I opted for the flounder which wouldn't be my normal choice. So glad I had this. The fish was moist and flavorful, but the star was the bed of vegetables, crawfish, and andouille sausage in light tomato sauce that the fish sat on. A perfect combination of flavors.
For dessert my wife ordered a chocolate, peanut butter, and ice cream combination that was pretty and tasty. I had the warm English toffee pudding with a caramel sauce. So good that I had to share tastes with my friends, but the next time I'll keep it all to myself. The chef does something special to that caramel sauce that elevates it to levels I haven't tasted before.
For food of this quality, we agreed that the total price was reasonable. This is a "special occasion" restaurant. We weren't celebrating a birthday or anniversary, but we were just in town for one night and wanted to experience the best Charlottesville had to offer. I think we found it.

Twin Falls, Idaho
“Charming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We decided to end our vacation to the east coast with a special meal and chose The Ivy Inn Restaurant- we are glad we did. The soft music in the background was unobtrusive and enhanced the atmosphere. Our meal was delicious- I had the Osso Bucco. The server was most accommodating and informative. A truly delightful dining experience.