“Amazing food; young, fun waitstaff; atmosphere was kinda tacky.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ivy Inn Restaurant

The Ivy Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ivy Road
Transit: No public transit
Description: Locally-Inspired Seasonal American Cuisine in an historic house originally built in 1789. Family owned business for 20+ years.
“Amazing food; young, fun waitstaff; atmosphere was kinda tacky.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went for Valentine's Day with my girlfriend and we weren't disappointed. The chef brought out incredible flavor combinations in exotic and unexpected ingredients.

For a French style restaurant, the portions were surprisingly large; we both left more than satisfied. It was a bit pricey, but if you can afford a splurge every now and then, I'd highly recommend this place.

the only gripe that I had with the place was the decorations, lighting, and ceiling fixtures. We sat up on the second floor (maybe its not used as often, they were busy that night) and the ceiling was very old with dusty AC ducts poking through the typical office building ceiling panels. They should update that, because it did take away from my night.

but other than that, this place was incredible. Going back for our anniversary this year, that's for sure.

3 Thank jamesbarney

Richmond, Virginia
“Delicious food, wonderful atmosphere and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

What more could you want. My husband and I seldom get out without the kids but had tickets to a concert at John Paul Johns Arena and wanted a restaurant within walking distance to have a pleasant meal before the show. This far surpassed pleasant. The restaurant is in an old converted house that is very charming with small rooms of tables, only 4 tables in the room where we ate. Our waiter, Christian, was friendly, had a good sense of humor and was appropriately attentive to our needs without being intrusive. The meal starts with the chef's special Foi Grois Kiss which was delicious and homemade raisin bread. We tried the Lamb Greek Style and Trout and shared the two dishes. I started with the Trout that was amazing - tender, tasty, cooked to perfection. I almost didn't want to trade but figured my husband deserved to try it as well. The lamb was just as good. It was coat with mustard and other seasonings that gave it a delicious flavor. I am a saltaholic but when our waiter asked if we wanted salt and pepper on our table after we had tasted the food, I declined. Everything was seasoned to perfection. We shared the apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert. I asked for some caramel sauce to drizzle over the top and it was perfection. This was one of the best meals I have ever had. It was a great start to a terrific night. I highly recommend this restaurant and will return the next time we get a chance.

A word to families though, this is definitely a grown-up restaurant and I would never take children here. Save it for a wonderful date night.

3 Thank cdnsk8r
“Great Vibe and even better food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was my first visit to the Ivy. Even with all of the hype preceding the experience, it matched up and exceeded expectations. My wife and I did our Valentines dinner there. the predetermined menu was quite good and all of the dishes were very flavorful. The were friendly and efficient. This is definitely a place to return,

Richmond, VA
“Best Meal of my entire life !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I dined here based on previous Trip Advisor reviews. The meals are quite pricey, but well worth it in my opinion. The atmosphere is very romantic. We both had the Tenderloin which was seriously the best I've ever had. The potato that accompanies this dish is prepared in a very unique way and I've never tasted anything like it. Everything is seasoned to perfection. The desserts were also well done and the perfect portion size. I cannot wait to go back !!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fine, but nothing memorable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were hoping for a really nice night out with great food and were disappointed. The food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. The interior is very lovely and sets up for a great atmosphere but it is diminished by all the blue jean wearing patrons and casual staff which made us feel this was not fine dining. If you just want good food in a casual atmosphere, I would certainly recommend this, but not for a special night out.

• Visited January 2013