“College Town Sports Bar, but Nice”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #20 of 541 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We've been in Charlottesville since 2001. Our goal is to pair delicious pizza with unique and surprising beers. We are located on the Corner right next to historic UVA. Go HOOS!
Slidell, Louisiana
“College Town Sports Bar, but Nice”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Nice, clean place. It was lunchtime and it was busy. Calm, and almost a quiet atmosphere at lunch. Not rowdy as some sports bars can be.

Some of our group ordered pizza. I ordered an Italian hoagie sandwich and was well pleased with it. Everyone in the group was happy with their lunchtime meal. Service was great.

It was lunchtime so we didn't order anything from the bar.

On street parking is a royal pain. However, there is a parking garage through the block from Mellow Mushroom.

• Visited October 2011

Fenton, MI
“Great Pie!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My family ate here for dinner on a Sunday night. This place was a nice find. For us, it was an easy choice as we were staying at a hotel near The Corner. It was also recommended to us by our 21 year old daughter who is working in Charlottesville.

We ordered a large supreme that came fully loaded. All of the items were fresh which was very nice. The meats were very good. The sauce was just the way I like it - a little tomato - ee and mildly spiced. The crust was a little on the thin side, but it was still very good.

The only down side was our waiterss. It seemed like she didn't really want to be there. She was slow to take our order, than slow to check back on us. But the Mellow Mushroom used other help to deliver our food. These folks were fine and we used them to get refills, peppers, cheese, etc.

We ate here for $40 including tip, pie, 2 sodas $ 2 Sam's. And we liked the outdoor seating. We would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2011
Santa Cruz, California
“Great food, great beer, awesome waitresses!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The food here is great, and the 2 different waitresses I had (I went 2 nights in a row b/c the location was very convienent to my hotel and I could sit outside with my dog) were very nice! Excellent brew selection too!

NY
“Good pizza, Good atmosphere”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a nice place to eat with friends or family. The menu lists an eclectic variety of pizzas, pitchers of local and specialty beers, all reasonably priced. I had the traditional 14 inch regular pizza which was very good, with butter in the crust. It was not t thin-crust pizza, but it was very good nonetheless. Service was also good even with the place being packed with college students.

1 Thank FGCESQ
Charlottesville, Virginia
“AMAzING PIZZA”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have not had better pizza than the one I had at MM... i love this place. I will definitely visit again. Also its not that expensive, I think they take reservations about 20 of us went to together and almost everyone ordered a pizza + drinks we only paid about 7$7-$8 each.