“Awful customer service”

Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I just moved to Cville last month. I'm originally from New York and was excited, after 5 years abroad, to get a deli sandwich delivered to my home for dinner. I called in my order around 5:15 on a weekday evening. The guy on the phone had me spell my address for him three times. I asked for a classic NY sandwich-- turkey, coleslaw and russian dressing. He acted like it was the strangest thing he ever heard. So much for the "New York deli". I finally broke it down by saying I wanted a reuben but with cole slaw instead of saurkraut and not toasted. He repeated it all back to me, figured we were good. Then I waited. And waited. Finally got a call from the delivery guy, turns out that repeating and spelling my address three times was not sufficient because he had it completely wrong. I redirected the delivery guy. And waited. And waited. He should have been at my home so I called him back, turns out he was on a moped. So I waited. And waited. Finally he arrived, had my food, hooray! Opened the box, and they had the sandwich wrong. No cole slaw. Could have made this myself after all of that. I called them and they said the delivery guy was already on his way back. I spoke with a female claiming to be the manager, we went through it again and she said she would make my sandwich and it would be another half hour. That was at 6:20. I just got my sandwich, it is 8pm. They also wanted the original back, so I had nothing to eat in the meantime. And I have a baby that I needed to put to sleep during all of the waiting-- the reason I ordered a sandwich for dinner in the first place, a quick and easy meal for the night ahead. And after all of that, it was hardly worth it. So, in a pinch, do not rely on customer service. Stick to the menu as it is, and they do seem to have some interesting options. Oddly, the sandwich came with tortilla chips. Very not New York. $15.00 for my order, really not worth it. Very disappointed, will definitely not try ordering delivery again and doubt I would bother visiting the store for a meal.

1  Thank Amsinuk

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a nice find while we were staying in Charlottesville, we were a little disappointed to learn that they stop serving breakfast/breakfast sandwiches at 11. The sandwich selection is pretty great, I got a Reuben which was made to perfection. Just the right amount of everything, great start to the day. Having good beer for only $2.75 doesn't hurt either.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Many good, interesting sandwich options. There are also about five vegetarian options as well as "lighter" flatbreads. Sandwiches are very filling and prices are reasonable. It gets very crowded but the line moves quickly.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great sammiches, done right. Convenient & quick. Sometimes hard to find parking, but we got a spot right out front this time!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great selection of meats, toppings, breads and desserts. Service was great and the food was delicious. I would definitely try it again.