“very good - worth the visit”

Marco & Luca Noodle Shop
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Went for dumplings on the recommendation of a friend. They are relatively small but very very good. On the board it is described as 6 for $4 but we got 8 and it looks like this might be more common. This is a great light lunch. If I lived closer, I'd be there at least once a week!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed January 13, 2018

My wife and I and my four year old niece ate here. Part of the reason we chose it was because it seemed like an easy, quicker stop in the middle of an area with more expensive restaurants that looked like it would take a lot of walking to decide where to eat. Also, we wouldn't have to worry about our niece making a lot of noise in a fancy restaurant.
The food was good and I'm sure those who are big fans of asian dumplings and noodles would enjoy it. Not expensive.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 24, 2017

I LOVE these dumplings, and what I REALLY LOVE is the soy sauce they come with - it is very unique, thicker and richer than any other dumpling sauce I have had. I also love the sesame noodles. That being said, I don't even live in Charlottesville but will often stop by this place whenever I am passing through or in town for any reason to get an order to go to take home with me.
The past two times I have gotten dumplings and noodles to go, I have asked for extra soy sauce with the noodles. Both times I have been disappointed, and not only did I not get extra sauce, I don't even think I got the regular, normal amount that should come with the order. I hate to be "that person", but next time I get take out, I am going to have to make a scene by untying the bag and opening up my boxes to make sure they are correct before leaving the restaurant. I am tired of getting home only to discover barely damp dumplings.
And the most recent instance, today, the noodles were so tough that fully half of them were almost inedible. Of an order of 6 (and they used to always give 7 when you ordered 6; not sure when that stopped), 3 of one order were so tough a sharp knife would not even hack through them (seriously) and 3 in the other order had to be cut apart and pieces of them were too tough to crunch up. These were the worst example of dumplings I have ever had, and they were dry on top of it. I am so disappointed in this Marco & Lucas.
I will probably go back, because they are such a unique food and no one else has it - but I will surely make sure my order is edible before I leave the restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 22, 2017

Perfect for a quick casual meal or snack. The dumplings are cooked fresh on the spot.Very inexpensive and delicious..

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 21, 2017

The dumplings (fried) are a local cult favorite. I’ve probably eaten several hundred over the years. Absolutely great quick snack like lunch or before the early showing of a movie. The noodles are great as well, with a spicy sesame kick to them. It’s really,really hard to get past ordering the dumplings for the umpteenth time. Best to get both and share with someone.

Date of visit: June 2017