“never again”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Service was Awful, food was cold and not good. Not worth the money in any way shape or form. Will not go back and not suggest to friend or family

Reviewed September 10, 2012

College Inn is my favorite restaurant on the UVA "Corner." The service and food are consistent and it's a great place for lunch. The daily pizza and salad special is the best around and the waitstaff are always pleasant - even remembering the names and preferences of "regulars."

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The wine queen and I have stopped by the College Inn numerous times for breakfast prior to a noon UVA football game. We try to arrive early as football weekends tend to be busy and they are always understaffed in the AM, or so it seems to us. We usually arrive around 10:00 AM, wait in line for way too long, finally get seated, wait for a waitperson, eventually have some coffee, and later than sooner have a decent breakfast served.

Things were different last Saturday. At least it seemed that way to us. We arrived before 10:00 AM, watched the staff pass by empty tables numerous times and eventually seat us ... with regular menus. We were advised that the CI serves lunch after 10:00 AM, but that there were some omelets on that menu. There were indeed. And the sides were salad and bread. We politely protested ... it was not the waitress' fault. Ordered our omelets, chose a salad dressing while half jokingly asking for homefries ... sorry, she said ... and toast instead of bread ... she smiled and left to turn in our orders.

Coffee, by the way, was served in foam cups. I joked to the wine queen that at least we could take it with us ... as I indeed did.

The salads arrived in fairly short order. They were lackluster, but since our omelets were only about $8 or $9 as I recall, I could not expect too much, I guess. When the omelets did arrive, much to our surprise, they included homefries and toast. The homefries were OK, the toast was indeed toasted. But the packaged butter pats were ice cold, and the warm toast could not phase it. The queen's veg omelet looked better than my western omelet. I wish I had requested cheese in mine as it was rather boring, sorry to say ... not that I would have gotten any cheese, but the staff had certainly seemed accomodating otherwise so maybe I would have. We recall that every time we go there, the staff ends up having to apologize for the slow service. I give the wait staff credit for trying. I do not know who runs the place, but the word must be getting around, because the place was not full ... on a football weekend no less ... and there was no line waiting when we left. I've dined at the CI since 1966 or 67. Sorry to see it be such a disappointment as of late.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The food was great. Prices weren't too bad. And everything was clean. But when our order was taken my food order didn't get put in with the others that I was with. When everyone else's food was brought out mine wasn't the only thing I got were my fries. The waiter apologized and he said my food would be out soon. So we waited and waited. I think I waited an additional 30 minutes. It wasn't like I had ordered a steak I had ordered a club sandwich. When I finally got my sandwich it was great but everyone was done eating and I had filled up on my fries. No discount was offered to us for having to wait so long. But like I said the food was great and the place was clean. This is just something that happens everywhere from time to time.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Always liked this place -- a rich old time mega-cal option still floating in a sea of upscaling. Bacon pizza. Chocolate milk with real syrup. One of the first local places to get redhook on tap. Crayons for kids.