“Great food in the centre of Charlottesville”
Review of The Nook

The Nook
Ranked #44 of 582 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We found this restaurant by chance as we walked down the main pedestrian precinct in Charlottesville. It was not the flashiest most sophisticated restaurant we had seen, but it represented great value and we were really glad we went in.

My son had a large chocolate milk shake which hit the spot followed by the chicken tenders. My husband had the home made meat loaf and mashed potatoes which he said was divine. I had the chicken fried steak which was lovely, although I did ask them to go light on the gravy, which they didn't. The portions were huge and we left there feeling really full. Nice american diner styled place and very pleasant with good value meals.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Dinner food with a twist. I got a Reuben and it was done just right. My date goth Mac and cheese with a twist...it had veggies in it which we're great. I would definitely recommend it and eat here again.

1  Thank D H
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have been here a few times for lunch since I work downtown. They food is really good and they give you a lot of it. As a lunch spot during a work day, i find myself wanting to sleep the rest of the day after I go here. They have an outstanding breakfast as well. This is not for those on a diet or looking to eat light. The first time going, I was excited to try meatloaf. When i got it I thought they had brought the whole animal to the table. The portion was HUGE!

Overall, ideal location downtown for people watching and enjoying everything going on around with their outdoor seating.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Love the ability to sit out when weather is nice. Food is always prepared correctly and is mouthwatering. Especially love their BLTs which are hard to fit in your mouth there is so much on them!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This unassuming restaurant in downtown Charlottesville is right in the pedestrian mall. If the weather is good, enjoy your meal outside for a really enjoyable time. Our server was efficient and friendly and the food was very good. Depenable, diner-type entrees and a few upscale options. A pretty good value too, considering some of C'ville's other restaurants can be really pricey.