“Love to sit outside in summer”
Review of Bizou

Bizou
Ranked #17 of 584 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of my favorites. Great people watching spot. I love their goat cheese and beet salad. Reasonably priced

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The menu reads fantastic and the food was ok. We had Meatloaf Eggs Benedict & Pig in a Blanket. The food was good, but not great. It looked amazing. Everything including the Bloody Mary tastes like a jar of dill exploded in the kitchen. The service was also very slow even though it was not that crowded when we arrived. I love this place normally, but brunch was just ok.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I went to lunch with a friend here for the first time. The food was yummy but I would not go again. It is more of a date night restaurant. Very classy and meals in the range of $10 to $20.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were wandering east Main Street mall looking at dining options and there was something quite inviting about the look of this place with its narrow front with the kitchen lined down one side and the main seating at the back. Presume it was a milk bar or similar once and it gives the place a nice feel. Service was friendly and casual, though would have liked to have been asked for a drinks order to go with the main. I had the cornbread fried catfish on jambalaya and that was great, as was the beet salad. The local broccoli and cauliflower side was unfortunately overcooked, but still pleasant, and my wife's fettuccini was fine but didn't quite come together as a dish. But the wine was good, and the lemon curd crepe to finish was really good. So some things not perfect, but all good, and some great. I'm glad we went.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Charlottesville for the weekend we asked a shop keeper for a dinner recommendation. She sent us to Bizou. So glad she did, appearances can be deceiving I don't think we would have tried this place with out the recommendation. We were pleasantly surprised by great upscale entrees for dinner and a fabulous choice of desserts. We had pork loin, pot roast and chicken pot pie. No doggie bags, we cleared our plates. Would come back again, highly recommend you give it a try.

1  Thank EricaRU94