“Brunch”

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The menu reads fantastic and the food was ok. We had Meatloaf Eggs Benedict & Pig in a Blanket. The food was good, but not great. It looked amazing. Everything including the Bloody Mary tastes like a jar of dill exploded in the kitchen. The service was also very slow even though it was not that crowded when we arrived. I love this place normally, but brunch was just ok.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I went to lunch with a friend here for the first time. The food was yummy but I would not go again. It is more of a date night restaurant. Very classy and meals in the range of $10 to $20.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were wandering east Main Street mall looking at dining options and there was something quite inviting about the look of this place with its narrow front with the kitchen lined down one side and the main seating at the back. Presume it was a milk bar or similar once and it gives the place a nice feel. Service was friendly and casual, though would have liked to have been asked for a drinks order to go with the main. I had the cornbread fried catfish on jambalaya and that was great, as was the beet salad. The local broccoli and cauliflower side was unfortunately overcooked, but still pleasant, and my wife's fettuccini was fine but didn't quite come together as a dish. But the wine was good, and the lemon curd crepe to finish was really good. So some things not perfect, but all good, and some great. I'm glad we went.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Charlottesville for the weekend we asked a shop keeper for a dinner recommendation. She sent us to Bizou. So glad she did, appearances can be deceiving I don't think we would have tried this place with out the recommendation. We were pleasantly surprised by great upscale entrees for dinner and a fabulous choice of desserts. We had pork loin, pot roast and chicken pot pie. No doggie bags, we cleared our plates. Would come back again, highly recommend you give it a try.

1  Thank EricaRU94
Reviewed November 7, 2013

While in Charlottesville my wife and I took TripAdvisor's recommendation and ate at Bizou Restaurant on the mall. Service was prompt and friendly, the food (rockfish for me) was delicious, and the atmosphere was magic. Not far from our table on the mall was a man playing acoustic guitar. What more could one ask?

1  Thank culpe10