“A Perfect Choice”

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After strolling the downtown mall three times in search of a menu that looked promising and an atmosphere that was pleasant ( minus the outrageous pricetags) my husband and I settled on this gem. From the front this eatery doesn't look like anything special, but the food certainly is! We were able to enjoy a table outside, and from the terrific waitstaff to the unique menu/fresh food choices, the whole experience was a complete, three course success. We started with an order of the house frites which taste nothing like ordinary french fries - I imagine it must be the truffle oil and the potato variety they use? Excellent choice. Then on to the main course....I had the butternut squash ravioli (our server suggested it) and my husband chose the fetuccini with shrimp and sausage. Both homemade pastas (and yes, you can tell the difference) were amazing. The ravioli was tender and the brown butter sauce gave the dish a sweet flavor that I really found appealing, as I love sweet dishes. The fetuccini was light and flavorful as well. We finished things off with a chocolate bread pudding that looked like a brownie when it arrived but tasted so much better - light not rich, but still warm and chocolatey goodness. We are definitely going back - maybe even before we leave town tomorrow night!

1  Thank Lynda B

Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you are fortunate enough to snatch an outdoor table, you are in for a treat! The waitstaff is super friendly and efficient. Be sure and try the homemade pate - it is different each time and always delicious. The grilled asparagus salad is a perfect accompaniment. The catfish quesadillas are great, too. We also tried the grilled lamb steak with veggies and it was delectable. A favorite restaurant on the Downtown Mall - especially for dinner.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

As vegetarians, a lot of our first choices were not options for dinner. We stumbled on this little diner in the downtown district and it was perfect for a light meal and not too costly

1  Thank Festival G
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went to Bizou for lunch and wow, it was good! It doesn't look like much from the front window, which is very narrow, but when you walk to the back it's fun and funky! Kind of old timey diner meets a bistro. I had the lobster, shrimp salad sandwich which was very good with lots of chunks of lobster and shrimp, nice crunchy diced onions and peppers and not too much mayo. It was on a really good roll and served with a little salad (nice vinaigrette!) and some yummy fries!! My co-worker got the meatloaf platter which I will definitely try next time, but since the sandwich was a special I wanted to get that. The meatloaf platter is big and has thick pieces of meatloaf with smashed potatoes! He says that it's his favorite to eat there. Our waiter was really nice (as was all the staff) and very attentive. Cannot wait to go back!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I went here for her birthday. The food was great. They have some interesting twists on some pretty basic cuisine. My wife had the small bleu salad and said it was very good. She then had the small seafood pasta and said it was "pretty good." She had the small portions and they seemed to compliment each other well. I had the catfish quesidilla and it was very good. I also followed that up with a Makers Mark for $8 which is a pretty decent price for an after dinner drink. We both shared the chocolate bread putting and it was excellent. They have great outside seating on the mall.