“Sigh - amazing! ”
Review of Fleurie Restaurant

Fleurie Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleurie Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 545 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
South Georgia
“Sigh - amazing! ”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

The service, atmosphere, attitude and especially food was marvelous! We (are semi-locals and) cannot wait to return. The scallops, the mushrooms, the bisque the wine, ETC. We would recommend Fleurie unreservedly to ANYONE with a family, business dinner, hot date, jones-for-divine-yet-mellow-dining within 100 miles or anyone else really. We cannot wait to return! Many thanks for a memorable Wednesday!

2 Thank prettypicky

“Incredible”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This place is incredible! In town for business and Hamilton's was closed for a private event, thank god.... Ate here instead; let me just say that I've paid 3x as much for meals 1/3rd as good. I won't tell you what I ate, so as not to influence your course selections but everything was fabulous... Even down to the bread! And this comes from an elitist, road warrior New Yorker. F'n brilliant!

1 Thank Christopher G
Charlottesville
“A Truly Special Place”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I come here frequently; sometimes for special family occasions, sometimes to catch up with my sisters, and especially for a romantic dinner with my husband. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Charlottesville.

This restaurant has very elegant decor. You feel comfortable, yet fancy. It's a cordial atmosphere for business catch-up, an intimate setting for family gatherings, but it's also romantic to get a table for two. The menu changes often, but there is always a very heavy classic French dining influence. You feel as if you are dining in an old restaurant in Paris. I go for the classics here: creme brulee, lobster, bisque. These dishes always over-deliver. The service is thoughtful and attentive, and if it's nice out, I like to sit on their patio.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cville12369
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Special Anniversary Dinner During Restaurant Week”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Our younger son is a UVA alum and has been telling us for a few years to try Fleurie for a special dining experience. When restaurant week fell during our anniversary, we jumped at the chance. Fleurie offered a three-course menu, with a nice variety of choices, for $36. We arrived on time for our 8:30 reservation and were seated promptly, even though the small restaurant was quite busy. The entire staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The grilled scallop appetizer was phenomenal , as was the risotto. For the entree, my husband enjoyed the pork, while I ate every bite of the perfectly prepared rockfish. The chocolate souffle cake was delicious, but even better was the persimmon sorbet that accompanied it. Dessert was followed by a small plate of 'petit fours - lemon tarts, truffles, and cookies. Yum! Fleurie was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary and we look forward to eating there again.

Visited January 2014
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for Graduation”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Fleurie is a wonderful restaurant. We have eaten there a couple of times, and keep coming back. It was our daughter's choice for graduation, and it did not disappoint. Excellent from the special dishes, to the impeccable service, to the lovely but not stuffy ambiance. (Tip: call early for graduation reservations.)

Visited May 2013