“Great but some need for improvement”
Review of Fleurie Restaurant

Fleurie Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleurie Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Over all the food and service were great. We ate at 6 PM and had the theater special which is really a good buy! One of us had scallops and the other beef, both of which were excellent. The server was knowledgeable and attentive. Only two suggestions - the bread served with the meal could have been more imaginative - and some variety in dipping oil beyond olive oil could be served. Regular butter was served with the rather ordinary white bread. Also, the wines we had by the glass were rather ordinary and pricy for over $10 a glass. When making the reservation I requested a special booth, which we got and also told them that my guest was having a birthday and they served her a special confection with a candle - very tasteful and appreciated!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We enjoy this restaurant and come often, this time was not a special ocasion, just a romantic and unplanned dinner for two - but the superb food and exceptional service made it a special occasion! Their menu has changed for the Fall, and the venison was excellent. They often have specials, those offered this time include favorites many restaurants no longer attempt, such as sweetbreads. Don't miss their fresh fish, grass-fed beef, and exceptional lobster. This team makes a great cocktail, and the wine list is quite extensive with many by the glass options.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Server and manager were great. We enjoyed several selections from the wine list and had a great time. We really appreciated the atmosphere while catching up with long-time friends.

1  Thank Kathryn R
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have eaten here 3 times over the past 1.5 years and each time, we have had impeccable yet friendly service. The food is appropriately prepared and presented. Portions are just right and the blend of flavors and textures satisfy as well. The wine list has a fairly good range with some going very high end (hundreds per bottle) so this scare away some.

During my recent visit we shared a reasonable bottle of Bordeaux red wine, the Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras appetizer and it was sumptuous. My spouse had the Wild Caught Salmon with Fennel Purée, Sweet Garlic Butter, Black Olive Tapenade and I had the Pan Roasted Beef Tenderloin, Red Wine Risotto, Mushrooms and Béarnaise Sauce - we alway try each others dishes - both were just right and we nearly licked our plates. We ended by sharing nice chocolate maple cake with pear sorbet and poached pear along with espresso. They always give you some little treats (petit fours) whether or not you order dessert.
It was a great meal at a very nice place for my birthday.

This restaurant is good for special occassions, business dinners or a splurge. They have a small outdoor seating area (4 - 5 tables) and which allows our well-behaved pups to accompany us.
We will return again.

2  Thank CarlosGLibra
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I walked in randomly one evening and we were sat right away. We were then brought an amuse bouche which was a mini bacon creme brulee, sounds kinda weird, but it was quite tasty and it really worked. The service was excellent and my lobster was cooked to perfection. Everything was pretty expensive and the portions were really small, even for French standards. My husband wanted to stop and get pizza on the way home because he was still hungry, even thought we both had an appetizer and entree each. For this reason I am only giving 4 stars. I don't mind paying more for high quality food but I also don't want to leave still hungry and down $140.

1  Thank Smithsh2