“Worth the wait! Best burger in town”
Review of Blue Moon Diner - CLOSED

Blue Moon Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Funky, casual diner serving all-day breakfast & regional American fare, with weeknight live music.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you are a 60's-70's former hippie, you must check this place out! you'll feel like you've gone back in time. Hundreds of VINYLS! Flyers all over the place about what's happening around town. And yes, Blue Moon has the best breakfast in town! You may have to wait a bit for a table or seat at the bar, but it is worth it. Sometimes overlooked, Blue Moon also has a terrific burger! on a recent trip to Cvill'e I had a craving for a hamburger. Not just any hamburger, but one like I used to get when I was a kid. You know, like Mom used to make! Not even sure if they have a burger, since my usual fare is breakfast & salads at Blue Moon, we decided to stop anyhow. Yes they have a burger on their menu! Cooked to perfection on a fresh Keiser Roll! Fresh crispy leaf lettuce and perfect fries. Toped it off with their sweet old fashioned coke (not the watered down stuff). My meal was exactly what I had craved! Warning, they close at 3:00 P.M. on Saturday. Dissapointed when we showed up at 4:30 a couple of Saturdays ago to discover they were closed! That won't stop me from coming back though. I now know I need to come earlier on Saturday. Can't blame the proprietor either. He is a cool individual who is dedicated to his business and deserves a little R&R. So check out Blue Moon Diner. You can't go wrong.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

It's a hole in the wall diner with a menu different from most other restaurants. Most items cost around $10. The food tastes great, but the portion was kind of small and left me hungry for more. I want to go back and try the fried donuts and ice cream for dessert!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you want to go to a restaurant aka. diner that cares about quality of food,service and innovative dishes then this is the place for you. I had a french toast made with home baked cinnamon swirl bread served with home made vanilla ginger syrup and a huge serving of fresh assorted fruit. My husband had a corned beef hash served in a completely unique way, in house made corned beef over potatoes and gravy topped with sausage. Grandson wanted regular pancakes. We shared a side order of artisan bacon. All of it sublime. One note to owners, you scrimp on nothing except maple syrup 55% is not okay. We will always pay more for the real thing. Don't let that stop you New Englanders!!!!!! Even the coffee was roasted locally and great too.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Incredible breakfast! But you should definitely be prepared to wait for it. I've been here three times and I think the shortest wait was 20 minutes. BUT if you're waiting inside you will get a nice preview of the menu because you will be likely pushed up right next to others' tables since there's barely even enough room for the staff to get around and this place is always packed! Nevertheless, the food IS WORTH IT! The menu is always very interesting. Any of the omelets are amazing and the sweet potato beignets may be the best breakfast item I've ever had. It's all topped off with fun artwork and records on the walls and toys and newspapers to entertain you while you wait.

1  Thank ddavis118
Reviewed March 17, 2013

this small diner in Charlottesville has great food and the atmosphere is throw back tothe 70's! I had the chicken sandwich, and it was very good. Others in my party had the breakfast of pancakes, and the hash. All had good reviews.