“Great for kids”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were on the downtown mall and a local resident recommended this pizza place. This was a great choice for our kids. They had many different toppings to choose from which our adventurous 11 year old liked (we decided the tomato basil was a clear winner) but also had the old standby for our 8 year old (plain cheese please). I got an excellent spinach calzone. This is a great choice for a kid friendly lunch or dinner on the c'ville mall.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

In the two-plus years I've lived in Charlottesville, I have noticed a distinct downturn in the quality of Christian's pizza. That's not to say that it's not currently decent (it is), but it is no longer excellent. On the plus side, the crust generally has a nice crunchy "char", and the ingredients are good. It's just that somehow it has lost something.

On the negative side, I watched the man behind the counter use his bare hands to not only handle the pizza, but to scoop up loose toppings from the counter and mash them onto a slice. Not the most hygienic thing I've ever seen, on a couple of levels.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have never liked thin crust pizza, but when my husband and I were visiting Charlottesville, we decided to stop by this pizza place for dinner. The place was busy but service was fast and friendly. I got a pepperoni pizza slice and my husband ordered a pepperoni calzone. My pizza was very good, but my husband's calzone was amazing! We will most definitely stop here again next time we are visiting.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

There are a lot of pizza places in Charlottesville. Several of the large chain places and many local and/or smaller chains. if you have lived or visited Charlottesville any length of time or asked for places to get a slice in town on your first trip, you probably were recommended to Christians. Their main location is on the Downtown Mall but they also have locations on the UVa Corner and their newest location on Pantops.

Lots of pizza options and they are really good. I generally do not like super crispy crusts and ask them to cook it about a minute less than they normally do and it comes out great every time. Great prices for a great pizza and a piece of Charlottesville history.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place has an amazing variety of very good pizza by the slice! In particular the slices are so huge that my husband and I only get 2 slices and share!