“A Great PLACE in Charlottesville”
Review of Vivace

Vivace
Ranked #55 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Vivace Restaurant, located on Ivy Road near the University Of Virginia , opened its doors in July of 1995. Housed in the former main quarters of a peach orchard, Vivace attracts patrons with its diverse atmosphere. From the cozy intimate upstairs, which hints at the comfort and ease of Nona's home, to the vast expanse of our multi-tiered outdoor terrace, the ambiance at Vivace appeals to all. The 1940s hand-crafted serpentine bar in the lounge provides a festive setting for the light-hearted. For the romantic, enjoy a glass of wine by our inviting fireplace. From the moment you arrive, you'll discover that Vivace is full of Italian charm. Our unique decor and old family photos will transport you to a quaint Italian village, creating a welcoming atmosphere. Providing authentic entrees has been our primary goal for the past eighteen years.
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Old world charm and great food. In the summer the patio is gorgeous.If you live in Charlottesville or just passing through you must visit. I go for all my special occasions

1  Thank pal1414

Reviewed September 12, 2008

$8 for a side of uninteresting overly roasted asparagus with sea salt and olive oile?!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 25, 2008

it is quiet and very romantic

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 29, 2008

My finace and I had always wanted to try Vivace because it looked like a nice Italian restaurant with a good menu. However, the host was rude to us from the time we walked in and the customer service was horrible. He told us it would be a 20 min wait since we didn't have a reservation and that was fine, but there were no places to wait at the bar or anywhere else, so we went outside and came back before 20 minutes was up. The host was mad when we came back in saying that he had been calling for us and we weren't there. Then he grabbed the menus and stormed ahead of us. Once we were seated, the waiter asked to see my fiance's ID for alcohol and said that he need to see another form of ID because it looked too "beat up." What kind of logic is that? I told the waiter what I wanted to eat and my fiance said he wasn't eating. We waited a good while thinking that it was just taking a long time to cook my order, but when the waiter came back he only had the check!!! I didn't even get my food! We asked him why he didn't bring my order and he claimed that he thought neither of us wanted food, even when I clearly gave him my order and when my fiance had told him that he was the only one not eating. We left without waiting for my food and we will NEVER go back to VIvace.

2  Thank varesident
Chantilly, Virginia
Reviewed February 14, 2008

Very good Italian in C'ville. My osso bucco was very good. Two at my table raved about the veal parmigiana. Good bruschetta, too.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook