“Best in Town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of C & O Restaurant

C & O Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 538 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Best in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner last night and I had the Tobasco marinated ribeye. Unbelievable! I'm 55 and this was the best ribeye in my life! Had a great dinner. My wife had duck and loved it.

Charlottesville, VA
“Even better with Dean Maupin.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants in Charlottesville with friends. They also make the best Old Fashions. I have been here several times over the past three years. Food has always been consistently good, as well as the service. Since last summer, chef Dean Maupin has taken the helm of the kitchen. Standards like the Steak Chinoise are still available, with Veal Sweetbreads, Grilled Yellowfin Tuna and Albemarle Apple Brown Betty have been added.

Reservations are highly suggested, with preferred seating in the more quiet upstairs dining room. During the warmer months, outdoor seating is available in back.

• Visited January 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A Cville landmark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We've been to C & O on a number of occasions and have also attended events where they've catered as well. We recently celebrated a friends birthday with 9 people at C & O and the staff were amazing! We called ahead of time to order a bottle of Champagne to be delivered to the table as a "gift" and they timed the delivery perfect and couldn't have asked for more! While it's a moderate upscale restaurant, coat/tie isn't necessary. If you're a lover of wine, the wine selection is GREAT!!

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only good memories linger...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I wish the C&O were as it used to be, but alas it simply isn't. Food has dropped to average at best. I still enjoy a late night drink at the lower level bar though. The 'terrace room' is rather depressing. Stick with the bar. We were recently seated in a passageway at a strange table that put us side by side as the servers went to and from. Felt like we were on a bus! That said, it does have a comfortable, homey type atmosphere in the other seating areas.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Chloe20037
Washington, DC
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

One of my fraternity brothers suggested this restaurant when I was in Charlottesville visiting the girlfriend. I had an old fashioned and the winter duck. It was awesome. I will admit it is a bit on the expensive side for a couple in their mid-20s, but a great night all around.

• Visited December 2012