“Burgers and Beer - a perfect combo!”
Review of Miller's Downtown

Miller's Downtown
Ranked #85 of 552 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the Historic Downtown Mall, Miller's Downtown resides in one of the oldest buildings on Main St. Inside, you will notice the old display shelves and prescription drawers of the 1920's pharmacy, the old tin ceiling, the dry ice freezer box once used for the ice cream at the soda shop, and the kitchen built from the alleyway behind the building. Second floor seating for a more quite experience is available. The third floor has Charlottesville's last quarter operated pool tables and a full service bar. The outside cafe seating is the largest on the downtown mall and is the perfect place for people watching and having lunch selected from our updated menu. Miller's Downtown has been serving Charlottesville for more than thirty years, we welcome all walks of life and embrace the uniqueness it provides our establishment. The diversity of musicians that have played at Miller's Downtown in the last thirty years still runs strong with Live Music seven nights a week with no cover charge ever. As our guest, we want to make sure that everything is to your satisfaction, if we miss something, please bring it to our attention, and we will surely make it right.
Vancouver, Canada
“Burgers and Beer - a perfect combo!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

You cannot go wrong with this location on the downtown mall. Lots of variety in their beer selection and good burgers. I had the weekly special which was a mushroom burger - it was huge! Fries are good too. Very reliable food, good service and good value.

• Visited July 2014

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good Deal”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I recently moved to Charlottesville and have enjoyed sampling the various restaurants. Millers has consistently delivered good food and Harley takes good care of us when we dine. I'm a vegetarian and appreciate their options, however I would not put the black beans in the tortilla first when building that dish as it makes the tortilla soggy. But I just went to their website to look at the name of the dish and I don't see it listed any longer. Hmmm ... guess it's salad or the veggie burger for me. But overall, our experience has been pleasant and I'm sure we'll be back. Lobster bisque is very good, if not a little thick for my taste. Personal opinions and preferences color your dining experience, but we love the fact that they are dog lovers and expanding their menu to include our canine companions.

• Visited April 2014
Scottie K, Owner at Miller's Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your nice review. We think Harley is great and glad you share our opinion. We had our issues with the black bean tortillas, one of them being the sogginess, which is one of the reasons we removed it from the menu. We have recently added a few items that are vegetarian or can be made vegetarian, like our caprese and mediterranean salads, and our pimiento cheese appetizer. If there are any vegetarian items you would ever like to see featured on our specials board, please let us know. We are always open to good suggestions. We hope to have our canine menu up and running by next month. Stay tuned
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent cuisine attentive service”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Stop by for a quick lunch and the food was great. Service was attentive and when I was done I felt that I truly got a quality meal and quality service at a bargain price. I will frequent when in the area. A very pleasant experience. Highly recommend to friends and coworkers. The downtown mall in C'ville is known for its diverse environment and Millers fits in nicely unlike some of the other establishments. Great experience.

1 Thank BBL52
Scottie K, Owner at Miller's Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We are so glad you had a great experience at Miller’s in Charlottesville and we look forward to serving you again when you are in town.
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Selection of Beer”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Didn't eat there, but both my wife and I were very impressed with their list of local beers. I had the Wild Wolf porter which is much better than Guinness.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Juan R
Scottie K, Owner at Miller's Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
With so many great resources nestled close by, it is very easy to be proud of our local beers we have the privilege to offer to our guests. We are glad you enjoyed.
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Overated Pub Grub”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We picked Miller's out of all the other restaurants on the block in downtown Charlottesville because we figured Pub Food would be safer than whatever a hanger steak is. (sorry if I sound uninformed here) I have eaten at a lot of bars and pubs even if I don't know what kind of steak that is! Service at Miller's was questionable. We sat inside because the outdoor area had a waiting time, but inside was open. I thought our waiter was a bit "out of it" and couldn't keep track of our simple order for two people. He had to come back and ask us what we ordered.
The food finally arrived, and the fries were stale and room temperature. The burger was tough and WELL done, not Medium. My corndogs were really greasy, I've had better corndogs too. Overall, I've had much better bar food in other places that had better service and were cleaner.
If you are craving bar food, at least sit outside, it's much nicer than inside.

• Visited May 2014