“Queen”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Excellent food and service. There Menu has a variety of entrees and appetizers that will make your mouth water. I love the spinach salad with goat cheese. The pasta dishes are so wonderful makes me think am back in Italy.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Travinia Italian Kitceh is in a newly developed retail space called The Shops at Stonefield in Charlottesville, VA and opened in 2013. Stonefield has several restaurants but my very favorite is Travinia Italian Kitchen. The design of the restaurant is gorgeous, and has a very "California" kind of vibe. Their wine list is extensive, the menu is full of wonderful and creative Italian dishes as well as scrumptious beef, chicken and seafood dishes. The Pan Fried Calamari is fantastic!! Lightly breaded calamari and tossed with garlic butter and cherry, banana and peppadew peppers and served with a spicy marinara sauce. This dish is the best I've had on the planet!! I get it every time I've been there! In warm weather it's so nice to sit outside on their patio - lots of seating at round tables and several banquettes around fire pits!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I cannot say enough about this restaurant. My husband chose it for its proximity to the movie theater during a visit with our college son. Everything about our dinner was excellent, from the atmosphere, to the service, and especially the food. I have to be very particular about what I eat due to dietary needs, and even I found several choices. We now look forward to our next visit to Charlottesville when we will most definitely be eating here again! Bon Appetit!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had a quick lunch here before a movie yesterday and I liked it! The decor was trendy and appealing, the menu quite varied, and the price for lunch reasonable. Wonderful bread was offered, and we both enjoyed our sandwiches, which were large and served with a generous portion of pasta salad. A couple of nice touches I've not seen at other restaurants - a trio of "cheater" glasses for folks who may have forgotten theirs at the hostess stand, and the check listed the cost for 2 if splitting the check, which we did. I'd definitely dine here again and would like to try their dinner options.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Reviews are lukewarm about this place, but let me say that the food was delicious and the service was flawless for our visit. It's a really great spot for dinner.