“Great place, good experience”
Review of Burtons Grill

Burtons Grill
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Upscale casual cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere at the Shops at Stonefield, Charlottesville, VA!
Virginia
“Great place, good experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stopped here on the way to a concert at the JPJ Arena. When we arrived, the wait was 1 hour, but the bar was first come-first served. We quickly got a spot at the bar. The drinks were excellent, staff attentive, and the food was excellent. This restaurant just opened in December 2012, but it runs like a place that knows what they're doing. Entrees range, one of ours was $18 and the other $26. Both delicious.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank maestralaura

MidAtlantic
“Great happy hour, good service, nice beer selection... but”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food tastes good, but the entrees tasted sort of like they were made in a factory somewhere, frozen and shipped to Charlottesville, then lovingly reheated. Our orders were sort of risotto focused to be fair and I know that anyplace that makes real risotto tells you to allow 30 minutes, so we will go back and try something else and I will update. At this point, I will have to say that the dinner menu is a poor value for the price. We loved the wine list and the draft beers were fresh and good with several local selections. Our server was very prompt and professional, and the atmosphere was hip and happening.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank PhiloFarnsworth
Virginia
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had to try the new restaurant in town! I had the special - risotto topped with mahi mahi - also had snow peas, crab, corn in the risotto. Just excellent! My friend had the fish tacos which she said were wonderful - they were very accommodating as she can't have jalepenos - and they took care of it - no problem!! Way to go! Service was excellent! Loved the in-house focaccia bread
Will return!

virginia
“It was ok, but expensive”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Burtons Grill last week with a group of ladies for lunch. I had the she crab soup (a cup) which was wonderful and the barbeque chicken salad. The salad was ok at best. I wouldn't order it again. Way too many onions...all I could taste was onions and they were chopped up so fine you couldn't move them to the side. Tip: ask for a very small amount of onions. My lunch meal was over 25 dollars with tip. I had tea to drink.

One of my friends had the risotto of the day and she said it was way way way too rich. Another friend had a hamburger and it looked plain raw to me...She ate it, and said it was good, but she said she prayed she didn't get sick..lol. She paid over 13 dollars for the hamburger. I can get a hamburger way cheaper that is done in the middle elsewhere in town.

I felt my meal was very overpriced. Maybe you are paying for atmosphere. That was ok. I might give it another try for the calamari, because I tasted that from another friend and it was pretty good.

Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent overall”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were given the choice of the lunch or dinner menu midday.
Happy hour, 3-6 pm, provided 1/2 on many beverages.
Service was great.
Chefs could tailor dishes to special diets.
We were offered a frequent visitors card (without asking).
Food was truly delicious from start to finish.

1 Thank windows_out