“Nice space, good service, good food!”
Review of Cafe Bocce - CLOSED

Cafe Bocce
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great food and wonderful ambiance... laid back, but attentive service. The room was not too noisy, which is great to find in Cville. The outdoor space makes the setting quite special.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went to Cafe Bocce on a Saturday night during restaurant week. As we were driving there, we were looking over the special menu and the Yelp reviews. We honestly were a little concerned. The amazing wait staff and chefs put our fears to rest.

After ordering a bottle of the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, all four of us ordered off the restaurant week menu, though it doesn't seem to differ THAT much from their winter menu. 3 of us got Limoncello Shrimp (We agreed that the dish was tasty and fresh) while one took a chance with the Arugula and Spinach. She was pleasantly surprised to notice that it was not "all greens" and had plenty figs, walnuts and goat cheese.

For the second course, we had discussed amongst ourselves and with the waitress how distasteful cold Carbonara would be and I made a point of ordering the Carbonara, which the waitress assured me would be hot. My fiancé and I chose to order two things off the menu that we both liked so that we could each taste each others. She ordered the Braised Lamb Shank. Both dishes were hot and delicious.

Our table tried all 3 of the dessert options, the gelato trifecta, the tiramisu, and I had the flour less chocolate torte. Of the three I think the gelato was not AS good, but it was still enjoyed! My torte was delicious and served in a martini glass.

By the end of the evening, our only worry was Cafe Bocce's location. Not being ON the downtown mall, but still dealing with the downtown parking, they emphasize that the validate the Market Street parking garage that is right across the street. I hope that it continues to be filled with patrons, enjoying delicious Italian and New American cuisine for many years.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Our last evening in town ended here. Sitting in the nice garden to authentic italian food combined with great service. Everthing was really good although the prices are not cheap, but worth it.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I always enjoy my time at Cafe Bocce. Their eclectic menu offers something for everyone. From the soups, salads, pastas, and of course desserts, are fresh, locally sourced and flavorful. They have a charming, albeit small courtyard as well.

1  Thank DivaO
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have lots of favorite restaurants, but Cafe Bocce is right up near the top! The owner Chris, Todd and the rest of the staff treat you like family. We ate inside, but they have a very nice outside patio area.
As for the food, my wife and I have eaten there several times since my first review, and it just seems to get better each time. Tonight we started with wonderful grilled calamari. It was tender and well flavored. For our main course we had Bucatini with octopus and spinach tossed in garlic and olive oil, and grilled whole Branzino (European sea bass). Both dishes were perfectly prepared and I have to say that, in my opinion, the pasta was certainly on a par with pasta in Tuscany. The fish was absolutely wonderful! Moist and perfectly flavored. I am a big fan of their Tiramisu, so I took a piece to go. Highly recommend both the restaurant and the Tiramisu.