“Really enjoyed our lunch”
Review of Jason's Deli

Jason's Deli
Ranked #115 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Tried Jason's Deli for the first time since it opened, and really enjoyed our lunch. We got there a bit before noon, so we beat the rush - good thing, because it filled up quickly. One orders at a counter upon entering, moves down the line to pay and get a number and then the food is brought to your table (promptly). If you aren't familiar with the menu, be prepared to hang back a bit and read it, rather than being rushed into a decision.

I had the Reuben, which was one of the best ones I'd had recently, although there wasn't enough dressing on it (it didn't run down my chin and on to my shirt). But the corned beef was piled high and the sauerkraut wasn't wimpy or skimpy. Our daughter had the salad bar, which has an excellent array of selections and which she enjoyed very much. Husband had a ham and cheese (there are a variety of cheeses from which to choose) and again, the meat was piled high and the bread was very tasty.

And oh, joy, there is free soft-serve ice cream at the end of the meal (or the beginning, for that matter). There is a selection of toppings and it's a really nice little treat.

Jason's is a very nice addition to the Charlottesville scene.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Love the Reuben the Great. The best corned beef and sauerkraut sandwich ever. We eat there as least once a week. Most times the salad bar, which is always very well stocked. The sandwich is always more than I can eat in one sitting. Love the molasses muffins, especially with the soft serve ice cream.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We paid a visit to Jason's Deli at lunch time. This spot on US29 stood out to us earlier as an inviting place to try. It was rather busy but we managed to find a spot without much problem. This was my first visit to this chain and I was favorably impressed. The thing that sets this apart from places like McAllister's or Panera (both of which I also like very much) is the salad bar. This is a fantastic option for lunch and it is not priced too badly. I got a Tomato Basil soup to accompany it and this made for a great lunch. The other three members of my family got sandwiches. They were all quite happy with their choices between the salmon, the Mediterranean veggie and the tuna melt. The prices were in line with what I would expect for a place like this. With drinks, we paid about $40 for four of us. It was mostly self-serve so it would allow people to move through at a quicker pace if they were time-limited. I would recommend this spot for anyone who favors sandwiches, soup and salad. There are many good menu choices if you like those options.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

When Jason's deli opened we waited for some time for them to settle down! It was a good experience for our friends and family. the food was good and the service was faster than the time it took for the order! Reasonable price , Tasty food !

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This is one our "go-to" places after church in Sunday with the kids. It is much healthier than fast good or the Chinese buffet. I always get the salad bar, the children get grilled cheese sandwiches with apple slices, and hubby gets the roast beef sub. Then, free soft serve on a cone for dessert. Place gets crowded.