“Wow! Great burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Citizen Burger Bar

Citizen Burger Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Location just opened in June 2012
Westchester, NY
“Wow! Great burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Doing college tour of UVA. Choose this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews. So glad we did. We were so impressed with these burgers. While all the other restaurants in the downtown mall were empty, we got the last table here. Burgers were huge and so tasty. We enjoyed every bite. We will be back!

Leominster, Massachusetts
“The burgers really are special. Worth a trip. Go early it is very popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

The family stopped here for dinner while we were moving my son in for his second year at UVA. Located on the downtown pedestrian mall in Charlottesville the restaurant has a long, narrow feel with a bar along one side and seating along the middle and the other wall. Exposed brick and wood floors provide a rustic feel. The service was friendly and prompt. The burgers are outstanding. They are very large, feature local beef, and come with a wide variety of interesting toppings. You can make your own, or have one of the specials from the menu. The "Best of C'Ville" burger is HUGE. The regular Citizen burger is still big but more manageable for those with smaller appetites. Come hungry.

richmond
“Great burgers and beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

We visited Citizen Burger Bar during move in weekend at the University of Virginia and loved the food! We had a little bit of a wait time since it was raining and the place was packed with students and parents. The staff was very efficient in getting us seated and serving us.

The burgers are huge and come with fries or a salad....do not count calories at this restaurant. We had the cheese fries for our party of five for an appetizer and then we all ordered burgers...the mushroom and swiss burger and the hotness were two of our faves! Also, they had a wonderful selection of craft beers and other drinks.

I definitely recommend this restaurant for families with college students!

DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ridiculously good fried pickles, burgers, and beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I wandered in on a rainy Thursday night. The place was packed but I found a seat at the bar within minutes. The bartender was friendly, knowledgable and attentive in helping me order my beer, burger, and sides. I had the American Classic, fried pickle spears, a side of fries and a Hunny Blonde beer and enjoyed all of it. In a nutshell: solid food, energetic atmosphere, good prices, and locally sourced- all things you can feel good about it!

Happy Creek, VA
“True American Burger. Juice in the beard, cheese in the 'stache. Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I had to go to UVA Medical to have my head examined (true). All my appointments were in the morning so I figured I'd find someplace different for lunch. Looked at Thai, Mexican, Pub, Indian choices on Trip Advisor and finally picked this place due to their outstanding reviews. It is a college themed bar in a college themed town so if you're some old fuddy-duddy this probably isn't the place for you. Went there on a Friday at lunchtime and it was packed and loud. Beer selection was all Anderson Valley brewing for the weekend so the choices were awesome. Ordered the American Classic "pink" as I don't like to load up the toppings when I'm going to have the "best burger" in the land (Every bar claims the best burger). I sat at the bar and the service was pretty quick and within 15 minutes I was staring at my non descript burger. That all changed when I took the first bite. Juice running into the beard, CHEDDAR (not american) cheese stuck in the stache. Tasty, perfectly cooked, burger heaven. If only this was place was in Colorado and I could of had an appetizer of Maui Waui. Absolutely loved it. The fries were OK but the burger was so good that I didn't even care. Overall I will go back as I'm due to have surgery on my head and this would be a superb potential "last meal" should anything go wrong. Once again this is a college themed bar in a college town so if you expect something more you're better off stopping off at McDonald's and camping out for hours with your coffee. If you want to partake in a fantastic burger in Charlottesville this is more than likely THE place to go. PROST!