“Very good burgers and friendly staff.”
Review of Citizen Burger Bar

Citizen Burger Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Location just opened in June 2012
Charlottesville, VA
“Very good burgers and friendly staff.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went the Citizen Burger Bar on a rainy, cold Sunday afternoon. We were greater by a friendly hostess at the door and asked if we could sit at the bar. The bartender promptly asked for our drink order. The beer list is a little overwhelming, which seems to be pretty common right now. He took the time to explain the menu and once we ordered, the food came out amazingly fast. The burgers were well above average and the fries were good. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and this will become a regular stop for us.

Visited January 2014

Charlottesville, va
“Excellent Burgers”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I visited the Citizen Burger Bar for the first time last night with group of 4 people. I ordered a Maple Wiess mixed drink while waiting for our table. It was quite good. The fried pickle appetizer was quite good as well. For dinner I chose the Citizen Burger with sweet potato fries. The combination of flavors on the burger were excellent and I very much enjoyed it. Each of the other members of my party enjoyed their burgers as well. One was a beet based vegetarian burger, which I had a bite of and found very tasty.

The restaurant was full while we were there and the atmosphere was quite nice. We were towards the back of the restaurant and I was able to observe the wait staff meticulously preparing the plates, which I was impressed with as we were in a burger bar.

• Visited December 2013
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Good place”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Fries are great (all of them), burgers are good, kind of pricey for burgers though. We stopped here for lunch while exploring downtown. The burgers were good and there was a wide variety. The meat and produce is as local as possible. There was no seating inside so we opted for outside...a little chilly in November. You might want to have a second choice ready if they are full. The service was good, but it took a while to get our orders. I would eat there again though for sure.

• Visited November 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good...but?”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We recently decided to try the Burger Bar. After reading about it in Tripadvisor I was excited about having lunch there. The interior is nice, and the young man waiting on us did a good job. The first problem came with the amount of time it took to get our food. It seemed an extra long wait on a weekday, and not at the peak lunch hour. The 2nd issue came when I cut into my burger. Because of dental issues, I had to use a knife and fork, and when I cut into the burger, blood poured out. Rather than make a fuss, I decided to eat it, and it was very tasty. If I were ever to eat there again I would make sure that when I order "pink" they make it pink, not red. I had also asked for some of their signature sauce on the side, but that was forgotten. It was nice to know we were eating local foods, and again everything was very tasty, yet I just felt it lacked a little to get it a "very good" rating.

• Visited November 2013
NJ
“Great Place to Stop for a Beer and Food!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stopped in for a beer and apps while visiting Charlottesville Va and so glad we did, the staff was awesome and beers great!! Will go again next time in town!

Visited November 2013