“Great hot chocolate on cold night”
Review of Splendora's

Splendora's
Ranked #3 of 27 Dessert in Charlottesville
Description: http://www.splendoras.com/
Description: http://www.splendoras.com/
“Great hot chocolate on cold night”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Great hot chocolate drink
When I asked them about it- they gave me a sample
Other items looked very good but had read about this and wanted to give it a try
Will be back on next visit to Charlottesville

Marion, North Carolina
“Best outside of Italy!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Bacio (chocolate-hazelnut-crunch), salty caramel, and white chocolate lemon in a cup--ambrosia! We were in Charlottesville for 3 nights and found Splendora's the 2nd for dessert. We were back the next night too, the gelato was so fabulous. In fact, I have tried various restaurant's "gelato" outside of Italy and always have been disappointed. This was the real thing and just as good as any I have had in Italy.

• Visited April 2013
Nashville
“Splendora's? Splendid!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Yum, yum, yum! Gelato is delicious! Wonderful flavors! Great location! Friendly service! Had to visit twice during 2 night stay in Charlottesville! I highly recommend!

VA
“a gem”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

it's great, a wonderful owner, pleasant staff & a good product. space is real nice, urban, but soft. a great treat.........

Rockville, MD
“Worth going out of the way”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had heard of Splendora's when we were in the Charlottesville area a few months ago but did not have time to go there. I love gelato so when we went to Charlottesville last weekend I insisted that we go there after dinner, even though it was very cold and windy and a long walk from the restaurant. My husband and daughter thought it was ridiculous, but it was worth it to me because the two flavors of gelato that I had--chocolate hazelnut and hazelnut chocolate (those might not have been the "formal" names, but one tasted like dark chocolate with chips and the other tasted like Nutella)--were delicious. Besides gelato they have interesting hot drinks and some baked goods and candies. The interior is bright and colorful with plenty of seating.