“Cleanest hotel I have seen”

Comfort Inn Monticello
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Cleanest hotel I have seen”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Great staff from front desk, manager and housekeeping. Really clean hotel. Manager was very supportive when I had a non-hotel emergency and inquired after me several times.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank janesn0w
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear janesn0w:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm glad that you had a great experience at our hotel. I will pass on your compliments to our housekeeping.I hope everything worked out for you. Please, if you do revisit Charlottesville again, let us be your home away from home.

Naresh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stayed here for 2.5 weeks. The staff was friendly and attentive, the breakfast was excellent. Eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, three types of cereal, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juices and coffee and oatmeal. If you're in the area and looking for a quality place to stay try this comofrt inn, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mj j j
Dear mj j j:

Thank you for your kind comments. I will pass them onto my staff. I'm glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast served daily. I hope to see you back when you are in the area. Good luck in your new adventure.

Rising Fawn, GA
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This property is clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and we enjoyed having a fridge in our room.. The bathroom was roomy. I would stay there agian.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathrine517
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Catherine5

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I will definitely inform our housekeeping staff of your comments on the clean and comfortable accommodations. I’m glad you did enjoy the breakfast.

We look forward to your next visit with us when you visit lovely Charlottesville.
Thank you once again for your comments.

Maryland
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This property is obviously well managed. It's clean. Rooms incl bedding and beds are comfortable. All machines in fitness facility were operational. Breakfast was well stocked and refreshed, checkin was easy and friendly. Only con is that the sign to the hotel is not in a place that's easy to see. Very easy to pass by hotel since sign is hard to see and property is set up and back. Location is accommodating no matter where u want to visit in CHarlottesville. Will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank planefunusa
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Dear planefunusa:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

I am delighted you had a well rounded experience with us, we appreciate the comments. We will be sure to pass the praises to all our guest service agents, housekeeping staff and breakfast hostess. We are also pleased to know we will be your hotel of choice when in Charlottesville VA. We take each comment to consideration and we understand it was hard to see our hotel; we are nestled on top of a hill. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Wallingford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed in 2 second floor rooms on Friday November 4th and it was enjoyable. We both slept well and found the rooms to be comfortable, clean and we both enjoyed the big screen tvs. There was a fridge in our room so I don't know what the previous reviewer was complaining about.
The front desk staff were wonderful. The lobby was pretty as was the breakfast room. Breakfast was the usual continenal with a hot item of admittedly pretty bad eggs but they were no worse than any other hotel that offers breakfast with the room. The hotel was close to the Interstate and Monticello and Michie Tavern. The room rate was reasonable especially in light of it being prime fall season for nearby Skyline Drive and fall travellers. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have issues with walking get a first floor room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank djwalpa
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear djwalpa:

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel. I'm glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable.

LOVE the 42" TV's Too!

Yes, It is the peak season for our area and I'm glad we could accommodate you with reasonable rates - We are centrally located to all the attractions, so it does make it convenient for our guests to visit all the historical sites and our lovely historical downtown.

We would love you to stay with us again when you do visit Charlottesville. Once again, thank you for your comments -

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Stayed here one night on my way home and will not be returning. Our room was all the way in the back and seemed kind of forgotten. It was not very clean or well kept. I awoke the next morning covered in flea bites from head to toe. I had been bitten so many times I ended up at the doctors office and had to get shots to make the reaction stop.
When I first told the front desk about it they were very helpful and looked into it right away. The manager even did an adjustment to my bill of $20 which did not even cover my doctors bill. The manager also stated he did not find enough fleas for as many bites as I had and maybe it was an allergy or something. Big difference between a rash and a bite. Plus my Mom and my son both had bites as well.
I am in the area several times a year and will not be returning to this hotel. The only thing worst then flea bites was the service from the manager.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank jacpierre
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
As the General Manager of the hotel I was personally involved in this situation and would like to provide some positive feedback as to what actually occurred during the stay noted in the review. There was an incident in which the guest had several bumps all over her body, however, the type of sore/bite were not consistent with the type of bites that anyone would have received from a bug/insect. In addition, contrary to the claim in the review, the other guests traveling with this party did not show any visible signs of bites. Regardless of the validity of claim, we did acknowledge the complaint and contrary to the response posted within the review , we refunded the guest for the entire stay!

Following the claim, I did a thorough inspection of the room and found no traces of bugs or other infestation. To ensure comfort for future guests I also contacted our pest control vendor, whom came out to inspect this and other rooms only to find no traces, tracks, or signs of bugs (or other infestation) It is also important to note, that we have rented this room several times since this guest stayed, including the following night and have had zero issues/complaints regarding bugs or bites. Although we do appreciate our guests having the opportunity to post information regarding their stay we want to provide accurate information as to the situation that occurred so as to ensure future guests know that we take all issues seriously. We appreciate all feedback and in the end we only ask that our past guests provide the whole story of how things transpired in a positive and honest manner.
Should any future guests have concerns regarding our bed bug/insect policy and what programs we have in place to prevent such issues please call the hotel and ask for me, Naresh Naran, the General Manager.
owensbor
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Our son was married this October in Charlottesville VA. We are from Kentucky and expected many of our relatives to travel for the wedding. Not only did we need a block of rooms, but also an adequate meeting room for festivities after the wedding. We worked primarily with Hetal with regard to reservations and details. The general manager, Nareesh, was extremely helpful managing room assignments and accomodating various needs of our guests. The staff was very flexible given the expected complications that arose. Hetal and Nareesh remained positive and professional, even with some of the expected problems that arose from coordinating such a large group of guests. My wife and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
C-I-Monticello, Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear Mike F:

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are all glad that we could accommodate your wedding party. We were glad that we could offer our banquet facility to your wedding guests and family. Our staff strives to provide great customer service to all our guests. I will pass on your kind words to our staff and Hetal

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again, next time you visit the area.