“If with the Trump brand all over the place, it's still a good visit”
Review of Trump Winery

Trump Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Featuring over 1,300 acres of breathtaking scenery, Trump Winery is situated in the heart of the Monticello Wine Trail. Just a few miles from Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, Trump Winery follows Jefferson’s footsteps in making new world wines inspired by the French wine regions of Bordeaux and Champagne. With a deep sense of place, Trump Winery ties together terroir and innovation, boasting nearly 200 acres of vines, large lakes, and rolling Blue Ridge views. We know that any visit to Trump Winery will be a treasured experience.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I always enjoyed the elegant ambiance of the Kluge winery and farm/tasting store and was worried that Trump would over brand it ... however, it's not as bad as I thought. The tastings are still nice, even though you can buy the "Trump" wine glasses, golf towels, etc., etc. onsite and he's added a large screen tv advertising the winery. Overall, the impact is slight - food is still good and it's still a lovely setting. It's not as large as some of the other tasting sites around Charlottesville, give him time as I'm sure he'll enlarge the farm store soon. The drive by the old Kluge estate "Albemarle House" is still a nice sight for how the other half used to (and currently) lives.

All reviews
"virginia wineries"
in 8 reviews
"several wineries"

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to the Trump Winery as part of a weekend getaway with my husband. It is a beautiful drive to get to Trump. The tasting fee is $8 and you taste 8 wines(2 are bubbly) and you get to keep the glasses. We then shared a bottle of wine with another couple on the back patio. A band was playing. They have tables all covered with shade from umbrellas. Food is available for purchase. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. Everything there was clean and nice. There was no waiting. I would have to say it was my favorite winery visit.

2  Thank VASusan
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited this vineyard with my toddler son for fathers day. The staff was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about the wines and the property. I typically do not like virginia wines but this was a pleasant surprise. The view i lovely, although the picnic tables run along side the road. We brought our own lunch with us, and ordered a pizza. Wasn't too impressed with the pizza but not a factor that would limit me from going back.

1  Thank L2santhanam
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting some of Virginia's wineries and while at one place a couple was having a tasting next to us and we all got to talking. They asked if we had been to "Trump Winery" and we hadn't and they told us, "You have to go!" They were a couple from Sonoma, California and no strangers to good wine so we took their advice and so happy that we did! We were very impressed with the grounds at how manicured and beautiful they were. And the wine! Great variety of wine and sparkling wine with great prices too! We were so glad we bumped into them!

1  Thank VMC77
See more reviews
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My mom and I had a great trip to the Trump Winery. We decided to stop in on our drive home from Virginia Beach as it was on the way. Very elegantly set up, and we were warmly greeted by Camille, the wine stewardess who ended up helping us with our wine tasting - $8 to taste 8 wines, all of which were good (my favorites were the Simply Red blend and the CRU, a fortified dessert wine. My mom's favorites was the Chardonnay, and we ended up buying a couple of bottles. After the tasting we stayed and ate some lunch on the patio. Beautiful Patio and Beautiful view of the vineyards. Camille again helped by recommending some excellent food, the sliders and the curry chicken salad, both of which were fantastic. Wonderful experience overall - great service, great food and wine, and absolutely gorgeous place. I'd definitely recommend it if you are in the area or passing through.

1  Thank Nico B