“2nd time was a charm” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trump Winery

Trump Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Featuring over 1,300 acres of breathtaking scenery, Trump Winery is situated in the heart of the Monticello Wine Trail. Just a few miles from Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, Trump Winery follows Jefferson’s footsteps in making new world wines inspired by the French wine regions of Bordeaux and Champagne. With a deep sense of place, Trump Winery ties together terroir and innovation, boasting nearly 200 acres of vines, large lakes, and rolling Blue Ridge views. We know that any visit to Trump Winery will be a treasured experience.
klelmore
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“2nd time was a charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I went to the Trump Winery when it first became Trump. It was not a great experience and we were reluctant to go back. However, we learned that it was all Trump wine now and so we decided to try it again. We loved it, 2nd time was definitely a charm. Our wine tasting server was fun and energetic. We loved the wines and enjoyed the lesson in how to make champagne. I

Visited March 2013

Louisa, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice, expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff certainly talked up the Trump name, but over all, it was an average winery. Starting the teasing off with three high carbonated wines seemed to affect my taste for the rest of the wines. Everyone's taste is different, so is review is more about the winery and less about my taste in wines.

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
“Excellent winery and tasting room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a wonderful experience! My wife and I wanted to stop by and sample your wines because two of our very good friends are having their wedding at the barn at your beautiful vineyard in September. The lady who was helping us with the wine tastings, I forget her name but she said she was pretty new in the tasting room (less than a year?), was a phenomenal resource and was very knowledgable about your wines and your winemaking process. She made a great experience even better.
We enjoyed your wines and your beautiful vineyard and am looking forward to coming back again!

Steven and Michelle

Visited March 2013
Orange, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place for lunch and sparkling wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and i were pleased with the recent changes at the Trump Winery. We were impressed with Amanda who took her time and made us feel especially welcome. The lunch menu offered a nice selection of well priced choices, we had the white pizza it was great. The $8 tasting was generously poured in nice glasses, no more plastic science beakers! Which I never felt did the great sparkling wines justice.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank PoplarHill
Seaford, Delaware
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Glad We Stopped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had stopped at Trump Winery in February of 2012 and were happy with the wine but not with the overall experience. We decided to visit again this year, only because my daughter was with us and we were heading to Blenheim Winery also. What a difference a year makes! We were again pleased with the wine, especially the CRU, even though we prefer reds. The tasting was relaxed, so we decided to stay and enjoy lunch also. What a treat! The sliders were delicious! The pizza was also very good. We visited 4 wineries that day, and Trump was our favorite stop.

Visited February 2013