“Flat out the Best Burger In Town”
Review of Riverside Lunch

Riverside Lunch
Ranked #70 of 552 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American
Description: Best burgers in Charlottesville!
Description: Best burgers in Charlottesville!
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Flat out the Best Burger In Town”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

What can I say about the most amazing burger ever. Riverside Lunch serves fresh cooked to order amazing burgers any way you can imagine. The service is always fantastic, the place is always clean, and the burgers WOW! What I love about them most is they are juicy, moist and delicious. The burger hangs just slightly over the perfect bun with the lovely grilled brown edges. I order mine all the way with grilled onions in lieu of raw. It provides a smoother taste. We always order a basket of onion rings and sprinkle them generously with their seasoned salt. When we take the kids we get a split basket, half fries and half onion rings. They are happy to accommodate any request (within reason of course). Stop by when you are in the neighborhood. You definitely won't be sorry.

• Visited November 2012

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Not quite "flat out the best burger in town" but pretty good”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Pretty simple and straight forward burger place although they serve other things as well. But basically it's about the burgers. You can get them a bunch of ways: single, double, with cheese or without, bacon, or none, toppings etc. And you can get a basket of fries, onion rings or a half and half which is, cleverly, half fries, half rings. Everything is on paper or in styrofoam for easy clean up. They press the burgers really flat on the grill (hence the slogan). Lots of regulars. We go every month or so. Cheap and good.

Visited September 2012
“Greasy Burger Joint”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Look, I know many locals are gaga over the simplicity and cheapness of this joint, and it is a great alternative to, say, McDonalds, etal. But it still comes down to this: hot food served fast, on paper plates with napkins and plasticware, just like a backyard picnic. The food is OK, but not particularly high quality. It is OK. Far from "gourmet" burgers, or even decent ones. Average sandwiches. Normal sides. Nothing particularly special.

• Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My kids like it therefore I love it!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

So, where do you take five kids to eat where it fits your budget and more importantly where they all agree to go to? But of course... Riverside Lunch. They have a simple menu with plenty to choose from. I had the chicken Philly loaded with onions, peppers, etc. My kids had their usual; chichen tenders, chicken sandwitch, and fries.

We sat on the only table they have outside. Not a great view, you're basically setting in the parking lot but we didn't care; the restaurant was full and this was the only seating available. I was impressed with the service. Not only were they very fast about bringing our food but our server checked on us with great regularity. She got a great tip!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank wineloving
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Excellent burgers as always”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Riverside is know for its burgers, and my last trip didn't disappoint. The burgers are always good, but the last time I tried the onion rings, and they were delicious! Crispy on the outside with the perfectly cooked onion on the inside. I will be ordering them in the future with my burger! To also be noted, the staff is always super friendly and goes out of the way to get your food to you fast and keep your drinks filled. I always come away feeling like I have been visiting friends :)

• Visited September 2012