“delicous food , friendly staff”
Review of Sultan Kebab - MOVED

Sultan Kebab
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We liked this place. See write up in C'ville newspaper: Turkish delight --- 29 North just past the intersection of Rio Road is an unlikely location for Charlottesville’s first Turkish restaurant, but Sultan Kebab—opened in part by former GM at The Clifton Inn, Deniz Dikmen—has been serving up authentic dishes like lahmacun (that’s a crispy Turkish pizza covered with ground beef, vegetables, and spices), hummus casserole, dolma, kofte, and kebabs (from adana to doner) from that very spot for three weeks now. It’s open every day for dine-in or carry-out from 11am to 9pm and serves homemade Turkish baklava and that addictively strong Turkish coffee or tea for those wanting an after-dinner pick-me-up. Sounds like a meal fit for a sultan.
London, United Kingdom
“delicous food , friendly staff”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have been there with my girlfriend first time and i was well impressed by friendly staff , quality service , yummy Turkish food , suitable price .and .definitely going back.

1 Thank alexx2009

Annapolis, Maryland
“Authentic and fresh”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I stumbled upon this little gem while I was in Charlottesville on business. I couldn't have been happier with my meal! I had the lamb and chicken kabob. It was tender and seasoned perfectly. The hummus was some of the best I've had. Everything is so fresh. I will definitely be back on my monthly visits to Charlottesville. The beer and wine list is nice in that they have a few local wines to choose from too..nice way to unwind after work. Thank yku, Sultans!

2 Thank keekib
Virginia
“Quite Good”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Only one visit, but we plan to go back again. Meat dishes, rice, and hummus were excellent. Be sure to try the Sucuk (Sujuk) beef sausage! Platters include an outstanding chopped salad. This place is the real deal.

1 Thank Larenim
Alto, MI
“Delicious Turkish Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Good place for an authentic Turkish dinner. The kebabs are great! We started off eating outside but a storm rolled in so we moved inside for dessert. They serve some of the best Baklava I've ever had. The owners were kind enough to let us wait out the storm (lots of rain and wind) inside their restaurant, during which we had a conversation with one owner. They had moved to the US from Turkey in the recent years and opened Sultan Kebab as there was previously no Turkish restaurant in Charlottesville. Overall, we had a very good meal and would recommend Sultan Kebab to others.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank amsteketee
Charlottesville, Va
“Continue to impress! ”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit. And again they served us an authentic and delicious meal. We love the hummus casserole. The

1 Thank André X