“Thank you for catering our event!”
Review of Sultan Kebab - MOVED

Sultan Kebab
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We liked this place. See write up in C'ville newspaper: Turkish delight --- 29 North just past the intersection of Rio Road is an unlikely location for Charlottesville’s first Turkish restaurant, but Sultan Kebab—opened in part by former GM at The Clifton Inn, Deniz Dikmen—has been serving up authentic dishes like lahmacun (that’s a crispy Turkish pizza covered with ground beef, vegetables, and spices), hummus casserole, dolma, kofte, and kebabs (from adana to doner) from that very spot for three weeks now. It’s open every day for dine-in or carry-out from 11am to 9pm and serves homemade Turkish baklava and that addictively strong Turkish coffee or tea for those wanting an after-dinner pick-me-up. Sounds like a meal fit for a sultan.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Thank you Sultan Kebab for being a part of our Opening Night Cast Party for the Ash Lawn Opera's production of Susannah!!!! (Carlisle Floyd)
Everyone from the General Manager to cast, crew and administration as well as esteemed donors enjoyed every bite of food from Sultan Kebab. Many thanked me for having a gluten free options (hummus, kofte meatballs and rice, Turkish tabbouleh aka "kisir") and availability of exotic and delicious food...your baklava is divine and your "pide" bread surprised everyone with the delightful flavour.
We will certainly look forward to having you cater our next event for Fiddler on the Roof! Thanks again.

1  Thank AshLawnOpera

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had nothing but a fabulous experience at this restaurant! We got attentive, friendly service and large portions. The food looks like the pictures you see here online. The kebabs were delicious and so were the baklavas. We had the dolmas for an appetizer and finished with the baklava and Turkish coffee with Turkish delights for dessert. I wouldn't change a thing in this place! We felt welcomed, comfortable, and left feeling satisfied. This is the kind of place that would make me drive out of the city to revisit. I can definitely see why it's rated so highly.

1  Thank jackandtara
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Sultan Kebab on a number of occasions and it is truly one of my favorite restaurants... Almost makes me want to move to Charlottesville! The owners take great pride in everything about the restaurant, from the delicious food and welcoming service to the decorations that almost make you forget you're in a strip mall. Deniz in particular has always been very kind and gracious to us, and he does his best to get to know all of his customers. I will be adding some photos and videos of my experience as well.

1  Thank rach3133
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food and service are the best in town, and it stands out against the crowd of overly pretentious restaurants. There is no better place to eat and enjoy one's self in Charlottesville!

2  Thank DrJSS
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I agree with the previous reviewer that something isn't quite right if this restaurant is #3 in Charlottesville. The staff is very friendly but the food here is average and the portion sizes are relatively small compared to the countless other kebab restaurants I've visited here and abroad.

2  Thank jsw900