“Tasted Like I Was There...!”
Review of Sultan Kebab - MOVED

Sultan Kebab
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We liked this place. See write up in C'ville newspaper: Turkish delight --- 29 North just past the intersection of Rio Road is an unlikely location for Charlottesville’s first Turkish restaurant, but Sultan Kebab—opened in part by former GM at The Clifton Inn, Deniz Dikmen—has been serving up authentic dishes like lahmacun (that’s a crispy Turkish pizza covered with ground beef, vegetables, and spices), hummus casserole, dolma, kofte, and kebabs (from adana to doner) from that very spot for three weeks now. It’s open every day for dine-in or carry-out from 11am to 9pm and serves homemade Turkish baklava and that addictively strong Turkish coffee or tea for those wanting an after-dinner pick-me-up. Sounds like a meal fit for a sultan.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tasted Like I Was There...!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you aren't sure you'll like Turkish...try this place. If you like Lebanese - try this place. If you like Greek - try this place. If you like Balkan - try this place. If you have no idea, try this place. I mention those other cuisines not because Sultan Kebab does them all - but because Turkish food is just incredible. Excellent lunch menu today. Iskender Kebab - awesome. Combo with Adana Kebab and Lamb - awesome. Efes Dark, Ayran, apple tea and baclava not because we were hungry, but because we just couldn't stop. Our only regret? My wife lived in C'vill up to 2009 - this place opened in 2012. We will think of going to C'ville JUST to visit Sultan Kebab - and certainly if we're there we'll be stopping in. As a note - I ding them on atmosphere - only in that we sat outside (which is great) but 29/Seminole Trail is a constant hum. The inside is just wonderfully decorated!

• Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
“Great”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I'm vegan and gluten free and they had tons of options to accommodate me. this was the only place decent and open in Charlottesville on a Sunday night even though it was a major holiday. the food was absolutely fresh and delicious. we came only 10 to 15 minutes before closing and they so let us sit down and enjoy our dinner. overall it was a fantastic experience. if you want anything veg or fresh I don't think you will find anything else comparable of Charlottesville.they also just have awesome Middle Eastern food in general and plenty of the options if you are looking for meat although I do think it is healthier kind. we sat outside the atmosphere was great as well. The decor was really nice. The restaurant was extremely clean. The service was beyond excellent. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rebecca C
“A must if in Charlottesville VA!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

On a recent trip to Charlottesville, VA we decided to google restaurants near our hotel and find a new place to have dinner. Sultan Kebab had such high ratings on Trip Advisor, we decided to give it a try. From the moment we walked in, the owners were warm and happy to have us. Others at a table near us told us they have dinner there 1-2x per week! We looked over the menu and each ordered something different...eving giving the Turkish beer a try. The food was fabulous with a nice balance of spices and lighter side of salad. The entire experience was awesome and we will be going back on out next visit to town! Highly recommend!!

• Visited April 2014
Columbus, Georgia
“Lunch”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a good lunch. Had the lamb kabob and the beef and lamb pita sandwich with yogurt sauce. Clean restroom would recommend

1 Thank Amy T
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Awesome find”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a new place to eat in Charlottesville, tired of the same old spots. I looked on Tripadvisor and Sultan Kebaob came up as number 1 restaurant in Chatlottesville. I was a bit surprised since I had never heard of it, but we decided to give it a shot. What a wonderful surprise, very authentic, reasonably priced Turkish restaurant. The food was tasty but not overly spiced. The portion was perfectly sized, with a fresh salad and wonderful hummus and fresh baked bread as a side. The place was small but nicely decorated and clean, the service was friendly and timely. I feel bad that it is located in an off the beaten path location, set back from the main road so it does not get much drive by traffic, but I am sure word of mouth will spread the good news. My only regret is that once that happens we probably won't get a seat on a Friday evening any more ;). We definitely go back and probably stop there for take out on those nights I just don't feel like cooking. Right across the street from ACAC gym, so a nice reward after a workout, they will even make low carb versions (no rice, bread) for you with extra salad if you ask. We will be back!

• Visited May 2014