“Get the grilled shrimp salad!”
Review of West Main - CLOSED

West Main
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Get the grilled shrimp salad!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice furnishings, like the historic photos on the walls. The place was almost empty because it was a weird time of day, so I sat in a booth in the bar area. I had a grilled shrimp salad that was excellent. I also had a good local Star Hill amber beer, and a good local chardonnay. My only disappointment was dessert- I was told it was "fresh strawberry-mango cheesecake," but it was clearly frozen. It was not bad, but nothing special. Service, however, was excellent. Then again, the place was empty.

• Visited July 2013

“A good juicy burger!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The West Main burger was very good and juicy. The burger itself as kinda small. I was expecting it to be a little bigger for the price. Other than that I would say that this is a good place to go for a meal.

• Visited July 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Quiet relaxing lunch”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

West Main is a classic Charlottesville restaurant and bar. It gets busy at night with the bar scene but any afternoon you can find a quiet spot inside and get respite from the day's grind. So different for same location! Try the incredible crab cake sandwich ($12), comes with fries and slaw. Waitress incredibly nice, friendly but quietly attentive to needs. Other aspect- they support Hospice of the Piedmont. Dessert was fried cookie dough with ice cream. Dangerous!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank samtrip12345
Charlottesville, Virginia
“What a wonderful brunch they have!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and I had a birthday brunch here for my brother-in-law. It was wonderful! Our waiter was so good and attentive- truly professional. The drinks (Mimosas and Bloody Marys) were great! Everyone loved their meals, 3 had the breakfast sandwiches, 2 had the West Main scramble and 1 had the West Main Omelet. They were all fantastic! And they have delicious cheese grits that several of us had as sides. The manager, Neel, had taken my reservation request on-line and had us set up so that we were able to walk right in and be seated. He also came to the table when we were finished and was so gracious to us. This was such a nice birthday celebration thanks to the folks at West Main!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Alex122794
Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania
“Nice experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was just passing through Charlotte and ended up here. Wanted some "Southern Cookin."

Good service and decent fare. The corn bread never appeared, though.

My daughter said it was the best chicken pot pie she'd ever had.

• Visited May 2013