“Lunch was a feast for six.”

Peter Chang's China Grill
Ranked #113 of 566 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://peterchangscharlottesville.com
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Six of us had a huge lunch at Peter Chang. We had 2 appetizers and then each ordered one dish to share. We tried to cover the spectrum of dishes offered at the restaurant. Most of us had given up Chinese restaurants because the menu never changes, the preparation is so tired, and often the ingredients second rate. But at Peter Chang's we found much to be excited about. The staff showed great patience as we took some time and several pots of tea to settle on the variety we wanted. We were seated at a table with a lazy Susan which I have not seen in years. I remember when most Chinese restaurants had tables with a lazy Susan for large groups. We were happy with everything we ordered. It was all delivered one dish at a time and sizzling hot. We had the Bubble Scallion Pancake, the Pork Steamed Bun, Orange Chicken, Mongolian Barbeque, Kung Pao Chicken, Fish on Sizzling Iron Plate and Shrimp in Pastry Cup. I may have some of the items misnamed somewhat, but am including photos. All of us ate every dish. No one disliked anything we ordered. If I had to order just one item again, I would be torn between the Fish on the Sizzling Iron Plate and the Shrimp in the Pastry Cup. Most dishes we ordered would have fed 2 people. It was so good and we did have the help of 2 teenage big eaters that we took some home with us, however, not as much as you would expect.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Not your typical American Chinese restaurant. Terrific menu with selections you don't normally see in a place in (or next to) a strip mall. Had a fantastic lunch of grandma's stir fried pork, I asked them to dial up the spice a bit and they did a great job. Absolutely loved it. Service was timely and friendly. You gotta try this place.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have been to Beijing, Tianjin, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sam Francisco, New York, etc., but Peter Chang's in Charlottesville had one of the more interesting food offerings we have ever had. We enjoyed the food and the service. Scallion pancakes were first-rate along with the eggplant, and tea-smoked duck. We'll be back

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Living in the Keys, there's no Chinese food of any value. So much so that the whole cuisine has left my consideration set. But to find yummy spicy Chinese food in C-ville - a treat. Even my Chinese friend who "doesn't like Chinese food" said this was really good.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I Wish I stay longer so I can try more of the menu, oh well maybe next time. love the pork belly, and dried beef spicy!!, the rib wrap in lotus not so much too dry.......