“Excellent Experience”

Now and Zen
Ranked #117 of 566 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We went to Now and Zen for a friend's birthday (her choice). It was crowded and we had to wait a bit to be seated, but not terribly long for 6 people. We really enjoyed our server and he made great recommendations. The tables are very close together, but many restaurants have this type of set up, so it didn't bother any of us. The portions were very large. The food was fresh and well presented. We were not in a hurry, so I'll have to admit that I didn't notice any wait. Our server brought us our food a little at a time over an hour or so. We were sharing everything, so that worked out beautifully for us. Definitely the best quality sushi restaurant for the price in the area.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Sushi and entrees were very good. Knowledgeable server. Excellent presentation. Recommend the curry. Tables are New York close in small dining room.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I can't decide which was worse, the food or the service. The food was not fresh or well prepared . The waiter was incredibly rude. One of the worst meals I can remember .

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I went here with my girlfriend, her daughter and parents to celebrate Mother's day. The food is unbelievably large in amount and for a great price. However, we did have somewhat longer than normal wait time from our waitress. The restaurant is okay in looks and atmosphere, but I only care that the food is great and for the right price. I eat here every time we come to visit my girlfriend's parents.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are local and was first time here- food was high quality, delicious and great presentation. Arrived early- 5:30 pm , so no wait.. But took awhile to get food. Waiter was helpful - made great suggestions and was attentive despite wait. We will return .