“Better than expected. Good service, huge portions, decent food good for kids”

Brixx Wood-Fired Pizza
Ranked #119 of 566 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were at Barracks Road and needed to find a place to eat. We decided to try Brixx even though we didn't have high expectations and were pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was very nice and service was excellent. She even switched my husbands side (bean salad) for a different one because he didn't like it without him even asking.

My daughter had a pasta entree and liked it. My husband and I each had sandwiches. The portions were large enough that my daughter and I each brought half home. They were all good. My son had the children's pizza. We were curious about the pizza and have high standards but it wasn't half bad- IF you like thin crust. It had a little too much cheese for the thinness of the crust but otherwise was pretty good. I think there are better pizza places in the area but I would definitely eat it.

Is it my favorite restaurant in the area? No. But it is very convenient for the shops and much less expensive than Peter Changs. The variety is much better than Panera or the other choices in Barracks Road.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very crowded on a Saturday evening. Had to wait 45 minutes for simple pasta dishes. Food was tasty but nothing special. The marinara sauce and pasta were warm but the meatballs were cold. We had their pizza one others time. It was acceptable but not as good as Christians. Their prices are reasonable - their redeeming attribute!

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Our normal pizza joint was closed and I had heard good things about this place so we decided to order some take out pizza. The menu has some interesting choices but unfortunately the pizza is terrible. The crust was burnt the toppings tasteful and the pizzas are small and expensive. Save your money and head to Fabio's if you're looking for delicious NY style pizza.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very good food - and very kid friendly. The service could have been a little faster, but then we were not in a big hurry, just hungry.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went for dinner on October 23 before a concert at John Paul Jones. Let the server know that. Place was partly full, but not crowded when we arrived. We were seated quickly and got drinks pretty fast. Placed food order about 5:45. Ordered a salad, an appetizer and sandwich and two pizzas. Meanwhile the place fills up. Pizzas (the longest cooking of the food) arrived at 6:30. We talked with the server again about the rest of our food. It never showed. We finally had to pay for our drinks (they comped the pizzas) and leave without dinner for 4 members of our party. A weak apology was offered via the server from the manager who was in the kitchen. I know what it means when the manager is in the kitchen- but still should offered an apology first-hand.