“DELICIOUS”

Commonwealth Restaurant & Skybar
Reserve with OpenTable
Commonwealth Restaurant & Skybar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 566 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern Virginian Cuisine. Our emphasis is on providing the best local products with gracious service in a relaxed, fine dining atmosphere in our dining room while our rooftop bar allows for a more casual visits. Both Commonwealth Restaurant and Skybar serve the full menu until closing. Skybar has a late night menu available Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great service, biggest scallops I've ever seen, awesome ambience and location... worth the extra bucks to have a special meal/night!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My friend and I dined at The Commonwealth recently. After finishing our uninteresting food, we were wrapping up our conversation when we were rudely asked to vacate our seats. We were absolutely astounded and dumbfounded. In all of our dining experiences we have NEVER been asked to "move along," for the convenience of a restaurant in order to boost their profits by turning over a table. In other words, they do not respect nor value your patronage. There are far too many superior restaurants in Charlottesville that will offer a better dining experience. I can assure you, we will never dine there again. I might also add, if you are hoping to have a conversation without shouting to one another, look elsewhere.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've eaten here twice and while my companions have enjoyed their meals, both of mine were bad. Not mediocre, but bad. I'd be hard pressed to return. The service and atmosphere are terrific so maybe it is a great place to stop in for a drink before eating elsewhere.

1  Thank WorldTraveler026
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Spontaneous decision to try this place one Friday evening. Maybe just too busy, but my daughter's grilled shrimp were under cooked, likewise with my son's steak. My steak cut was more fatty and I picked at it. Management offered to remove my steak cost....
We never went upstairs to the SkyBar, but it was certainly busy and hopping. Decide on your own.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We walked around the mall area and this menu appeared most interesting. We sat outside on the lower level which was quite compared to upstairs. Steak cooked just right. Blackened seabass with shrimp etoufee was delicious. Good wine selection,not inexpensive.