“Amazing food!”

Lemongrass
Ranked #170 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This place has fabulous food! Super delicious! I had the Sesame Chicken and oh man! They really know how to make food spicy! Make sure when they ask you how hot you want your food to be very honest with how much you can handle. They mean business!

1  Thank alexismarie416

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We've been here twice and loved it both times! I've had drunken noodles, pad Thai and sticky rice with mango. I didn't care for the wild rice version of sticky rice, but some might. There is a dish here that I've never seen on a menu called Thai bacon and it is phenomenal!! The service is quick, efficient and friendly. My only wish would be that the place was bigger! There was a large table last time we were there and they were a little loud.

1  Thank ST0916
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite restaurant in Charlottesville. Service is great and the owners are a trip. The food is wonderful. Every dish seems so balanced.

Unfortunately they have replaced the best thing on their menu-the viet soft rolls-with a fried beef dumpling that we don't particularly enjoy, but their soups and entrees continue to be exciting, light and nuanced.

If you like Thai, this is the place for you. It is worth the wait!

2  Thank M P
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a cute restaurant with a great vibe by the university. Most people will be pleasantly surprised by the menu; however, as a vegetarian there were no options other than the vegan menu options as all the other dishes contain fish broth that cannot apparently be excluded when ordered. There are several vegan options on the menu which is awesome, but typically asian restaurants are the most accommodating for vegetarians. Wish I could have had the option to order some of the noodle dishes with out the broth.

1  Thank Clarala2003
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The atmosphere of this restaurant is just fine. We ordered our food and got it in a very timely manner. We ordered soup, fried egg rolls, and main dishes. The food was all brought to us with steam rolling off it. They took our dishes . My soup and egg rolls tasted very good. My Drunken noodles didn't appeal to me because the noodles are cooked very very limp. There was just a small amount of chicken and some green peppers, carrots and baby corn that was all covered with an oyster type sauce. So the whole dish had a very monotone taste. There was no complexity of flavors that entertain your mouth. I made the mistake of drinking my diet coke to fast while I was waiting for my food and when I asked for a refill I was informed that they don't give refills for pop or my wife's ice tea.So the water didn't help enhance the boring nature of my drunken noodle dish. When I walked out the door the first thing I thought of is where was I going to go to get something to eat. My wife said her Pad Thai was average.