“Poor Vegetarian Options for Asian Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Ranked #88 of 540 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
USA
“Poor Vegetarian Options for Asian Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a cute restaurant with a great vibe by the university. Most people will be pleasantly surprised by the menu; however, as a vegetarian there were no options other than the vegan menu options as all the other dishes contain fish broth that cannot apparently be excluded when ordered. There are several vegan options on the menu which is awesome, but typically asian restaurants are the most accommodating for vegetarians. Wish I could have had the option to order some of the noodle dishes with out the broth.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Clarala2003

Independence, Missouri
“I'll try to get this one as close as I can”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The atmosphere of this restaurant is just fine. We ordered our food and got it in a very timely manner. We ordered soup, fried egg rolls, and main dishes. The food was all brought to us with steam rolling off it. They took our dishes . My soup and egg rolls tasted very good. My Drunken noodles didn't appeal to me because the noodles are cooked very very limp. There was just a small amount of chicken and some green peppers, carrots and baby corn that was all covered with an oyster type sauce. So the whole dish had a very monotone taste. There was no complexity of flavors that entertain your mouth. I made the mistake of drinking my diet coke to fast while I was waiting for my food and when I asked for a refill I was informed that they don't give refills for pop or my wife's ice tea.So the water didn't help enhance the boring nature of my drunken noodle dish. When I walked out the door the first thing I thought of is where was I going to go to get something to eat. My wife said her Pad Thai was average.

• Visited September 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Thai Food but Average Ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a group of 9 for dinner. The food was great when everyone finally got what they ordered. Several of us had to send our food back because they served the wrong meal. Service was prompt, and attentive. The variable spice option is great - 1 to 10 scale, not just spicy or not spicy. Very popular - lots of university kids and consequently can be noisy. Go early to avoid the crowd.

• Visited August 2013
Arlington, VA
“great food, but c'mon!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Toured UVA today and went looking for a place for lunch afterward. Was looking for Thai and almost missed this because it's on a side street. Food was very good (I have eaten at a lot of Thai restaurants) but the mushrooms in the drunken noodles was a little odd...the dish was very good nonetheless. What I did not like is their (apparently new) policy of no refills on drinks, even for regular iced tea. Thai iced tea, of course, you expect to pay by the glass, but regular iced tea? I can't even remember having to pay for iced tea by the glass ($2 per). This probably wouldn't stop me from returning but I left there feeling a little less thrilled that I would have otherwise.

• Visited August 2013
Virginia
“Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have eaten at Lemongrass about five times over the past year. The food is very reasonably priced, ample, and delicious. Service is outstanding and the atmosphere is great. There is a good variety of Thai dishes, and the ability to select the level of spice.This restaurant continues to be a favorite of mine in Charlottesville. it is located on the "Corner" of UVA, just down the street from the Rotunda. The restaurant is a bit cold during the winter months, and a draft often blows in from the entryway.

• Visited April 2013