“Great Experience”

$200.00*
and up
Virginia Private Custom Wine Tour from Charlottesville
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Ridge Wine Excursions Private Wine Tours offers daily tours that can accommodate parties in size from two to fifty. The President of Virginia Tourism Corporation said this of her tour, "The day was magical; their planning and execution exceeded my expectations." Our Wine Trail Guide will escort you to 3-4 wineries or breweries. Tours include: custom designed itinerary, Wine Trail Guide, transportation, tasting fees, chilled water, and a light snack.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My experience with Blue Ridge Wine Excursions was very positive. The limo arrived early to pick up me and my party, and we all had a wonderful time.

Our driver and guide, Rusty, was charming and knowledgeable about the various vineyards. I didn't know that the second vineyard my party planned to visit required a reservation for large groups, but Rusty knew and called ahead during our first stop. He also was kind enough to offer to take photos for us, freeing us to enjoy the excursion while he was in charge of the camera. He was our guardian angel. I would definitely recommend Blue Ridge Wine Excursions.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I traveled to Charlottesville to enjoy the wineries and breweries in the area. We decided on a tour through Blue Ridge Wine Excursions and were thrilled with the experience. Our driver, Bit, was extremely knowledgable and friendly. He knew the wineries, as well as the history of the area, intimately. We had an excellent time and would recommend this experience to anyone who is thinking of visiting the area.

1  Thank ChrisW340
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was the first time (and not the last – that’s for sure) I have booked a wine tour and dinner package with Blue Ridge Wine Excursions. It was such an incredible experience! I gave these guys less than 24 hours to help organize my weekend getaway and they exceeded my highest expectations! From initial conversation over the phone till lust drop off by the hotel – no hick ups, no delays.
They are the team of great professionals. You don’t need any other travel agent when you visit Charlottesville area. Just call Blue Ridge Wine Excursion and they will make things happened.
Thank you and see you soon guys!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have booked a wine tour with Blue Ridge Wine Excursion. I would and have recommended Andrea's company to friends & family. The drivers are very knowledgable and professional. Andrea was available by telephone and email whenever I had any questions. We plan to come back in the spring:)

2  Thank Peggy G
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Blue Ridge Wine Excursion tour that owner Andrea Saathoff designed for my husband and me was truly unique and wonderful. Andrea enlisted Richard Leahy, virtuoso Virginia wine critic, to accompany us to 5 premiere Virginia wineries. The wineries chosen were enjoyable and excelled on so many levels: the graceful beauty of the vineyards surrounded by fall foliage, the delights of tasting award winning wines, and the enthusiasm of winery owners and wine makers who so willingly shared their artistry with us. Richard Leahy masterfully provided an encyclopedia of thorough understanding of all aspects of Virginia wines, and Andrea surprised us with an elegant and delicious wine and cheese lunch with Montdomaine winery owner Michael Bowles. And what human could resist Charleottesville's Gearhart's chocolates for dessert! Heavenly!