“Ok Hotel, Puke on the floor”

Days Inn Charlottesville/University Area
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Stayed here for a concert and the hotel was OK. The rooms were fairly clean but there was leftover puke on the floor and a salad in the fridge that wasn't ours!

Won't stay there again

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 15, 2009

We are traveling from Alaska to Florida to visit family and after staying several days in a Holiday Inn Express, which is always excellent, we found that Charlottesville does not have one. In order to save money we found the Days in for $67 per night. There were renovations taking place but the front desk staff assured us that were not near them. We entered the room and the smell of mildew and mold permeated the air. My wife said all it will take is a little bit of air freshener to fix. The wallpaper was pealing in several places. There were rust stains from water leakage marking up the walls. There were cigarette stains in the tub of a non-smoking room. We checked in at 5pm and at 1030 that night the front desk calls our room and asks if we would like a wake-up call. When my daughter told them no, they hung up on her and didn't even say anything. What hotel calls that late and asks a guest if they want a wake-up call and then is rude. The next morning at 8am we were awakened to the sound of construction right above our heads. Apparently they were renovating the room directly above us. So much for not being near the renovation. When I brought the issues up to the front desk, the old man that worked there had the response of, "You can always check out early." We are now at the Doubletree and are immensely pleased.

The Days Inn is probably the worst place we have ever stayed at. As my wife said, it feels like we left the slums.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2009

my boyfriend and i stayed here as a midpoint to myrtle beach. we stayed two separate nights. the rooms were clean. they had a tv and most channels, a mini fridge, and a safe. they have a red lobster attached to the hotel :)
the lady at the front desk was nice and joked around with us. we had a reservation so we got right in no problem. the parking was kinda packed what there was plenty in the back. probably the worse part was people walking by our window all morning. there pool wasn't open but we wouldn't have used it anyways.
and only paid 54 a night! what a deal!
hope this helps

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Very outdated. Needs serious renovations. The two big issues was the heat and cleanliness. Had to switch rooms several times due to heat not working. Dirty bathrooms, especially toilets not clean at all. At doorway a screw was sticking up from the door threshold had to pull out so no one would get hurt, my dad is in a wheelchair and did not need anymore problems. Lamps were broken and instead of standing straight up they leaned over. They were floor lamps. I would not stay here again. Red lobster was wonderful and staff was nice.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I generally have the habbit of checking the reviews before I book the hotel..

Somehow, I didn't have enough time to research before reserving the room..

After reading the reviews, I contacted the hotel and tried to cancel the reservation... When asked for reason, I clearly mentioned the reason - the reviews on tripadvisor..

I was directly transfered to the gust service manager and he explained that the ownership has recently changed and the new management will make sure that my stay is pleasant!

The room, lobby and the parking area were really nice and clean!

Though I cannot say the same thign about all the rooms, the manager mentioned that their first step after owning the hotel is the renovation!

I would prefer to stay in a hotel like this where not only the stay is comfortable and pleasant but people care for me!

The location is also great (restaurants, university, monticelo),,

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Second hand motel furniture, cigarette burns on everything (including the tub) in a non-smoking room, a overpowering smell of old cigarettes and mold, non-functioning ventilation, non opening windows, broken phone, lousy tv reception. All this for only $125 a night!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2008

This was an unexpectedly awful hotel. I stayed at the Quality Inn next to it once, and wished I knew about the Days Inn at that time because it had all the amenities, which Quality Inn guests were told to share. Boy was I wrong about actually staying at this Days Inn. Despite the fact that this place has its own Red Lobster, and an ok pool, my room was dirty, particularly the beds. The sheets were dirtier than the blankets! I thought they washed those regularly! The shower was decent, but the floor of the bathtub creaked with every step. The showerhead appeared to be the newest, cleanest piece in the bathroom and worked fine. In fact, if water is your biggest concern, you may be happy here. Anything connected to water worked fine. But seriously, the room was in shabby conditions. Wallpaper was in ill condition here and there, and floors were questionable in places. The TV had a weak picture too. The good news is that I never actually saw any bugs of any kind. But, I figured their favorite place would be in the beds, which were awful. Other furniture was just plain old, and a bit dirty too. I was not impressed with the beds at all. My box spring was falling apart! Bed bugs had better pick up some change of address forms. This hotel needs to retire those beds!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business