“Want Bedbugs? Then this Days Inn is for you!”

Days Inn Charlottesville/University Area
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I stayed in this Day's Inn for five nights - it was a university rate which I thought was very reasonable. They gave me a room that had two double beds just for myself. The first several nights I found a couple of bites and assumed it was a spider. I switched beds the last night and woke up the next morning in hives. Upon closer inspection of the room, it was dirtier than I thought, hadn't been very well cleaned (there were hairs from the previous occupant still in the bed), there was torn wallpaper (breeding grounds for bedbugs), and the shower looked like it hadn't been scrubbed. I am a university student and love a good deal but looking like a plague victim after the fact isn't worth it.
To their credit, they did give me a partial discount, took the room offline, and gave me a free ride to the bus station.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Charlottesville/University Area

Reviewed May 23, 2008

There is not enough room on this page to write all the negatives about this hotel. The non-smoking room smelled very strongly of stale smoke. The carpet was disgustingly filthy, as was the floor in the bathroom. There was a constant sound of running and gurgling water, 24/7, which we were told by maintenance was the cooling system and that "it's just an old hotel". The security chain was broken and never fixed. The TV remote was missing a battery and even when we finally got it replaced almost 48 hours later, it still didn't work. Complaining at the front desk got no response. We were simply told there was nothing that could be done. We stayed here during UVA graduation weekend and at $169.95 a night with a 3 night minimum, you would think they could at least afford to clean the rooms!! Do not patronize this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2008

The room I stayed in was in desperate need of repairs/redecoration. The furniture was chipped and dirty. The tub and sink were worn and yellowed. In the morning, there was a huge puddle in front of the toilet where the ceiling had leaked during the night. The A/C made so much noise that I had to turn it off.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2008

A decent hotel with basic amenties and located right on Route 29.

This hotel has a Red Lobster in it so you can get steak and seafood while you stay here.

The best thing was the massive pool area this hotel has.

The biggest pool area of all the hotels in Charlottesville.

Don't expect 5 star service, but you'll get your moneys worth at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2007

I stayed at this Days Inn on 12/01/07 and found it to be just what I needed - clean, comfortable accommodations. The inn is a bit older, and it is clearly showing it's age, but I really could give a flip about curtains, upholstery and such. The TV worked, the bed was comfortable, the alarm clock woke me and the shower was hot. Clean towels, plenty of soap, and an in-room coffeemaker.

Nothing TRAUMATIC, nothing dirty, smelly or unclean, so I didn't have to sleep in my car. It’s not glamorous, but it’s worth it for the price.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kdalton0729
Reviewed November 27, 2007

We recently spent 10 nights in mid-October at the Days Inn while exploring the Charlottesville area. We found it to be convenient for exploring. The bed was comfortable. It wasn't fancy, but the price was very right and adequately met our needs. The front desk was pleasant and helpful. And on the last day we checked out a bakery/luncheon place called Hot Cakes that was fabulous. It's lucky we didn't discover it at the beginning of our travels, as we would have probably eaten too many pastries during our stay.

1  Thank AndreaZNy
Reviewed October 9, 2007

This place is TERRIBLE, chronically unclean and in poor repair. My mother-in-law made the mistake of staying here while in town for my wedding and was greeted with a filthy bed -- I mean, as she lifted the bedspread she saw HUMAN MATTER which means they don't really trouble themselves to change bed sheets here. Stay at your own risk.

I and my mother-in-law repeatedly tried to contact the manager about this HORRIBLE, TRAUMATIC incident, and were rewarded with 50% off our next stay at that Days Inn. Incredible.

• Stayed: September 2007