“Days Inn -- Met our needs”

Days Inn Charlottesville/University Area
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Watervliet
“Days Inn -- Met our needs”
Reviewed November 27, 2007

We recently spent 10 nights in mid-October at the Days Inn while exploring the Charlottesville area. We found it to be convenient for exploring. The bed was comfortable. It wasn't fancy, but the price was very right and adequately met our needs. The front desk was pleasant and helpful. And on the last day we checked out a bakery/luncheon place called Hot Cakes that was fabulous. It's lucky we didn't discover it at the beginning of our travels, as we would have probably eaten too many pastries during our stay.

1 Thank AndreaZNy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Charlottesville
Reviewed October 9, 2007

This place is TERRIBLE, chronically unclean and in poor repair. My mother-in-law made the mistake of staying here while in town for my wedding and was greeted with a filthy bed -- I mean, as she lifted the bedspread she saw HUMAN MATTER which means they don't really trouble themselves to change bed sheets here. Stay at your own risk.

I and my mother-in-law repeatedly tried to contact the manager about this HORRIBLE, TRAUMATIC incident, and were rewarded with 50% off our next stay at that Days Inn. Incredible.

• Stayed September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank UVA_graduate_student

Travelers are raving about these Charlottesville hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed September 1, 2007

I booked this place for a spur of the moment Labor Day trip to Charlottesville, and after I read the reviews on here I was terrified. I don't know where all of the low reviews came from because my experience was very positive.

It's an older motel (as in, the doors are outside), but once I walked into the room I felt like I was in any other mid-grade hotel. The room was very tidy, the sheets were fresh and clean, the only stains I saw weren't stains at all (it was one little chip in the bath tub), the staff was pleasant, and the only noise I heard was no different than anywhere else (an occasional voice of someone walking by or a slamming door).

I'd definitely stay here again because it was quite cheap. It's nothing fancy, but nothing unpleasant at all.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank angelinabee
West Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2007

This was by far the absolute worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I have traveled across this country several times and have stayed in several different hotels. This will be my last stay at any Days Inn. I was booked a NON-smoking room by hotels.com, but the hotel would not honor that reservation, and forced us to stay in a smoking room. Hotels.com was on the phone w/them for a long time, and the hotel would do absolutely NOTHING! I tried to use the phone in the room, but the buttons were broken. The phone was never replaced even though I told the front desk right after check-in. The room was stale smelling, and there were cigarette burns on the sink and tub. The toilet had dried urine all over the bowl and base, and the tub had black dirty footprints in it. The room was cleaned the next day after I complained to the manager. I had asked for him the previous evening, and the front desk refused to contact him or the "on-call" maintenance man. There was another maintenance man in the hotel lobby, but he had NO keys. The keys were w/the on-call man at his home. The second night - all the hotels in the city were booked - at around midnight the neighbors were having footraces on the balcony outside our room. I tried to call the front desk on my cell phone, and no one answered. After complaining in writing to the manager of the hotel, all I received was a letter of apology and an offer for me to please choose their hotel the next time I travelled to Charlottesville. I should have received a complete refund of the entire amount I paid for my stay.

• Liked — That I was only booked for two nights
  • Disliked — Filthy Bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cricketwv
West Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I had accidentally booked a smoking room instead of a non-smoking room - my fault. However the clerk at the desk was 100% unwilling to provide any assistance in making a change.

The first room we were given was already occuppied! Lugage. personal items all sorts of stuff. OOps long walk back to the desk.

Assigned another room. Let's see. 50% of electrical outlets did not work. Paper thin towels, sheets and blankets. Wall covering and paint peeling from the bathroom ceiling - right over the shower.

Coffee maker not cleaned. Went to make hot water for tea and it came out brown YUCK!.

Broken ice machines all over the place. The A/C worked ok as long as you didn't mind fiddling with the control knobs which were loose.

50% of the lamp fixtures did not work. Automatic wake-up call system inoperative. Called to desk for a wakeup call. But it was 10 minutes late.

Parking is very crowded. Bring your Cooper Mini not your SUV.

Grouting in bathroom was dirty, cracked and pulling away. Carpet felt grimmy.

Sleep in your car.

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Having to pay for this crap
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank No_More_Days_Inns
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2007

Stayed here for a Lacrosse tournament. Even the teen-age boys were grossed out. We moved to another hotel in the area.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Filth
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank YorktownBob
Chicago
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Stay away from this hotel if possible. I was there during an orientation for my daughter. This hotel smelled really really bad. The air conditioning was noisy and not that cool. The maids made sloppy beds and did nothing to pick up paper on the floor. The room was not sanitary looking at all. The only thing good about it was that the towels were clean and the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would not stay here again if I had a choice. I spent most of the time away from the hotel and dreaded going back to get any rest. I left there exhausted because I could not rest well with the noise and the smell.

• Liked — Front desk staff were great
  • Disliked — the stinky smell
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away if possible... make this your last resort