“Absolutely Wonderful Food and All the Rest!”

Afghan Kabob Palace
Ranked #48 of 582 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Have you ever asked your hotel to suggest a good restaurant and and wished you haven't? I have many times had this experience, but this time the ending was just the opposite!!!! It was one of the best meals I've ever had!! The service was excellent, the decor was authentic and inviting, and the cost was very reasonable. I would recommend the Afgan Kabob Palace to anyone who is a lover of adventurous cuisine. It is TRULY A TREAT!!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Afghan Kabob Palace is a really good, moderately priced Afghan restaurant. I’ve had dinner here a couple of times and I will definitely go back. They have a lunch buffet special that I haven’t done but from the menu it looks like a deal. The real treat is the appetizers. All are plus or minus $3.50 — Vegie or meat samosas, great Afghan dumplings of different sorts (Manto is great, Balani Gandana (Potato turnover with leeks), just try them all. One could easily make a meal of the appetizers. The sides are also good and quite varied. We did a BYOB with wine last time.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had the Dinner for Two combination, and everything was delicious! Eggplant with bread, Beef and vegetable Samosas, salad, separate chicken and lamb dishes, finished with a rosewater custard and some of the best baklawa I've ever tasted. I enjoy the lunch menu, and the lunch buffet, but this is definitely a great place to eat dinner as well.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Bad Bad Bad.... Servier was very very rude. When we call her to ask question she just ignore us and left in side, then then serve our food and then the same waitress showed up 3 time asking us if we are done? then she tuck my salad plate, then she come to our Table with other plate from other table and she put that dirty plate on the top of my plate, when I told her that was not right she told me go and tell that to her Manager. I told the Manager that but still they charge me 18% tip and they didn't do anything to fix it. We will never return to that restaurant.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The best value here is definitely the lunch buffet. Great options for vegan/vegetarian meal right next door to JPJ arena.