“Great for UVA/CVille visits” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of UVA Inn at Darden

UVA Inn at Darden
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for UVA/CVille visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've been travelling to the Darden Business school every other weekend and I always stay here. My room is always clean and ready to go when I need it, and the staff are extremely courteous and helpful. Through several stays I've never had an issue. The meeting rooms (and pub!) make staying here extremely convenient. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
J0hnCoppi, Director of Lodging at UVA Inn at Darden, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for your review. We're glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to many more. Our staff represents The Inn very well and we hope you consider us your home away from home. See you on your next trip to town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here over Father's Day weekend and enjoyed our stay very much. The room was clean, neat and tidy. The Inn is situated on the grounds of the Darden Business School. Students were not there at the time we were there so the campus was peaceful.

The continental breakfasts for Saturday and Sunday were delightful. Plenty of food and staged in the lower bar area of the Gatehouse, which opened to a lovely patio. It is a different story though on week days. On Monday it is stage in the main lobby and there is virtually no food and no comfortable place to eat. We decided not to eat breakfast there on Monday.

We visit C'Ville 3-4 times a year. We do plan to stay at the Inn again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fauljo
Thanks for your review. We welcome all travelers year round and hope you can experience a football weekend some time. We are experimenting with our Continental Breakfast and determining how and where best to deliver it. Our Front Desk area in the Gatehouse can get congested during high occupancy nights, so we have started using the Pub, which has more space and seating. I do apologize for your experience on Monday, as b'fast should be fully stocked from 6-10am, with the same menu each day.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to town.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

So convenient to Darden and the Law School, very comfortable, and super friendly. I book in advance to make sure I get a room. They remember my preferences and greet me by name! I've sampled other Charlottesville accommodations over the years, but my experience at the Darden Inn always makes me want to come back. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting either school; I have even stayed there when doing other business in town.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review. As you have found out, our location is convenient to UVa in general, but also to other attractions in Charlottesville. Our staff wants you to feel as if The Inn is your home away from home and will do anything possible to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Come back soon!
Savoy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was here for business. I will agree with others, the walk from parking to the Inn was a bit of a hike, but nothing unreasonable unless you have medical conditions. Overall, it was a beautiful place to stay... I would recommend it for anyone staying in the area. I would certainly stay again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, we are centrally located and area attractions are just a short drive away. Hope to see you again on your next trip to town.
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We've stayed at the Inn twice in the past year and have found the accommodations to be comfortable and the staff to be extremely hospitable. Because our son attends Darden, this location has been particularly convenient for us, but don't let that dissuade you from using the Inn as your base for visiting C'ville. The price is competitive, and the accommodations are more than adequate. The rooms at the Inn are not huge, but there is a mini-fridge and wireless available. The location is convenient to the pedestrian downtown mall, as long as you realize up front that you will need to drive. As others have noted, the Inn has long halls and a somewhat different layout than you may be used to. But it all works well. We will most certainly be back!

Room Tip: Depending on your needs and if you will use the gym facilities or plan to partake in the continental...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank khd8286
Thanks for your review. We hope you will continue to visit us even after your son graduates! Our staff and location certainly set us apart, so thanks for recognizing that. Our rooms also come equipped with a microwave and two complimentary bottles of water in your fridge each day. See you on your next trip to Charlottesville.
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I love the Inn at Darden. It is the perfect location for everything I typically do in Charlottesville. The staff...and I mean ALL of the staff..are so warm, friendly and helpful! The rooms are tastefully furnished and up-to-date; and the amenities are on par with a standard hotel.

I notice that many share the same frustration with the paths one must take to get around the Inn. I believe that is due to the fact that originally, this was a smaller lodging venue primarily used by Darden students attending the Exec. Ed. Program and returning grads for reunions, board meetings and the like. When the new glorious Darden School was built several years ago, the former Sponsors Hall was added onto. It does create some confusion for those new to the Inn, but I always find it a welcome challenge to see where I might wind up going from one wing to another. (Call me crazy)

All in all, I am a fan of the Inn and expect to return here for my annual C'ville sojourn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building with a view of the woods. It will be nice and quiet, with a love...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank supes
Thank you for your review. You are correct in that the Inn was first opened to house Darden students. Today, we are open to any traveler. I couldn't agree more with your comments about our staff! They are wonderful. For those first time visitors, our Front Desk staff is always happy to help you find your way to your room, parking, as well as the rest of Grounds. Looking forward to hosting you on your next trip to town.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize it was on UVAs campus when I booked it. Do not stay here if you can't walk a great distance. The parking is a good walk from the rooms. We had to walk through the entire place to get to our rooms all while carrying our luggage. I hope there isn't going to be problem. I thought we paid through orbitz.....but they ran my card again. The rooms are small but comfortable.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joni c
J0hnCoppi, Director of Lodging at UVA Inn at Darden, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thanks for your review. Our location, while on Grounds, is also convenient to many area attractions and restaurants. I trust that your charges were correct; if not, please contact our Front Desk and we'll take care of it immediately. As for parking, we attempt to have our guests park as close to their rooms as possible, but I apologize if that was not the case here.