“Great BBQ ribs and brisket”
Review of Belmont Barbeque - CLOSED

Belmont Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The BBQ ribs and brisket are great. The ribs are nicely smoked and tasty - you choose your own sauce from 4 hotness levels. Only four indoor counter seats but there's a large outdoor canopied area.

There are newer reviews for Belmont Barbeque

Reviewed February 13, 2012

My favorite thing here is the slop buckets. This sounds terrible but it's to die for. It's a layered concoction of cheesy potatoes, beans, pulled pork with your choice of sauce (I always go with hot but don't find it hot at all) and then cole slaw on top. Get them small (single meal sized) or large which is enough for 2 meals' worth. Sauces are house made and very tasty. Bear in mind the mild is very mild but the hot is also (to my mind) mild. I like my hot hotter. But the pork is still very very good.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

You can find much better BBQ in the counties surrounding Cville. This place is only average; we had dry meat and our sauces taste like ketchup. Two J's Smokehouse in Fluvanna is to die for and there is a place in Gordonsville in Louisa that I heard is excellent. Sorry Belmont BBQ is nothing special except they have cool outdoor seating.

1  Thank Maggie O
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Real BBQ with no fuss. Get it to go because the place has less than ten seats! Good bbq for the price and the staff are helpful and friendly. Had to find in the Belmont neighborhood if you don't know the area....but ask any local and they can give you directions.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Belmont BBQ serves great food in a nice location. I have eaten at this establishment a number of times and am never left wanting by the quality of their pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. I have yet to try one of their 'Slop Bucket's' which are a mishmash of BBQ and sides in a tub, but it is on my to-do list (I have heard a lot of good comments about it). The one qualifier about this restaurant is that there is no indoor seating, thus you either eat outside (there are plenty of picnic tables - with umbrellas), or take it to go. That and their somewhat limited parking options are the only reasons I do not frequent Belmont BBQ more often. It is in a nice location in 'downtown' Belmont, and sitting outside eating BBQ with friends is a great way to spend lunch. Go try it for yourself!