“A Friendly, Tasty Lunch Option”

Baggby's Gourmet Sandwiches
Ranked #166 of 545 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A Friendly, Tasty Lunch Option”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

All of the sandwich items are quite good. This is a family-owned restaurant that has offered "brown bag" sandwiches and cookies for decades -- quickly served, clean and pleasant eating area, and there is a good chance they'll remember your name (and order) if you make a connection with John...

Visited November 2012

MidAtlantic
“meh.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Here in the mid atlantic we have an amazing selection of freshly prepared hot sandwiches to choose from, often served with a freshly baked sub roll. Baggby's uses a microwave and supermarket bread and they serve smaller portions, at higher prices, than anywhere else in town. They ARE on the mall, but one block up, you can get a better sandwich for 3.99.

• Visited August 2012
Bristow, Virginia
“Close to courthouse -- but pricey!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband was working at the courthouse so I was looking for a sandwich place nearby that I could bring him lunch without moving the car. The pedistrian downtown mall is two blocks away from the courthouse. I liked the menu posted in the window and decided to order. Somehow I missed that the place was called Gourmet sandwiches -- I thought it was just Baggby's so I didn't have any preceived notion. Got the turkey bacon club for my husband which was huge and had no cheese (the way he likes it). I got a ham and swiss sandwich. Also very good. Got him a side of cole slaw which he liked but said it wasn't the typical cole slaw. Couldn't put his finger on the dressing. Both our sandwiches came with a small chocolate chip cookie -- very good. I also got two bottles of water. Brice was $16. Pretty pricy for two sandwiches. They took my order pretty quick but seem to take a while to make the sandwiches. My husband returned the next week when he was back in town and got a different sandwich which he said was good.

• Visited October 2012
Charlottesville
“More like "Gaggby's"”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Title says it all. I don't know how you can mess up a sandwich, but this place seems to do a pretty good job of it. My friends and I decided to eat here despite being told it wasn't that great. We should have taken the advice. I ordered the grilled cheese and it came out looking like it had been zapped in the microwave. The cookie they give you would have been a nice touch if it wasn't the size of a dime and stale as a brick. There are so many great places to get top quality sandwiches in Charlottesville at reasonable prices...this just isn't one of those places.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Candy C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, cool vibe!”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

In over the weekend for a getaway. My wife and I found this little joint, and decided to try it. It was the only busy spot along the street, so we figured this must be the spot. We loved it. The high noon, or egg salad sandwich was great, and the Navajo was the best sandwich I have ever had. That is a bold statement coming from a 50 year old fat guy. Wish you would open one in D.C. we will be back!

• Visited November 2011