“Good grub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We picked this restaurant at the request of the friends who live in Charlottesville, who we were treating to dinner. Now reading the other reviews, I guess I should have tried the beer!

We had Italian dishes which were fine. Service was friendly, but a little untutored. Wait person was a little hasty in trying to get us to order, considering we hadn't all seen each other in years, looking at the menu wasn't the first thing on our minds.

Large portions, good food. Pretty busy even though it was early on a week night. I'd go again with a group. A step above Applebees, etc.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had the filet and my husband had the steak tips. My steak was cooked perfectly and was very tender. The service was also on point. Attentive but not hovering. Casual attire and comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been here a few times and have found it consistently decent. It is just a few steps from being a great place, but the service always comes up short. The beer list is amazing, the food, especially the burgers, is quite good, but the service is a bit on the "casual" side. I don't need to be pampered, but I do like to be treated like someone who is paying for their meal. Keep working on the service and it'll be a grade A place in no time.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We've eaten here several times and (almost) always a wonderful experience. The selection of beers is nothing short of awe inspiring, with tasting notes straight out of a grad student's English lit thesis! There a great gluten free menu, which is the primary draw for us. That said, we did have one bad experience when the family came to visit for Christmas. Several of the entrees which should have been gluten free (and which were OK on previous visits) caused gluten reactions in two of our families members. We chalk it up to the holiday crush (the place was packed and very busy), and will go back again. We'll just make sure it isn't so busy and the server confirms our order was prepared as requested. Overall, one of the best restaurants in the area.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We've been to Timberwood Grill a few times and have consistently gotten pretty good food. The menu offers many varied choices which appeals to everyone. The booths provide privacy and are large enough for 6 comfortably. Attentive service and quick food delivery. Our meals were all accurate to what was ordered. My sandwich was alright, not the best or worst Reuben I have ever had. Their fries are really good although not freshly cut..quite possibly processed and frozen. Potion sizes were good and the overall ambiance was pleasant. Large spacious sports bar with good seating too. Good place to take the family.