“Slowly becoming a favorite”

Fry's Spring Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Fry's Spring Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OUR MISSION IS SIMPLE: SERVE HIGH-QUALITY, HONEST AND APPROACHABLE FOOD AND DRINK TO OUR NEIGHBORS, FRIENDS, FAMILY Serve high-quality, honest, approachable food and drink to our neighbors, friends, family and visitors from near and far, in a warm, fun, friendly environment. Fry's Spring Station is housed in an historic c.1931 filling station that was the nucleus of the community for over 70 years.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been to Fry's Springs Station on a few occasions, and each has definitely been an extremely pleasant experience. From the moment you step in the door, you are greeted by the hostess and immediately feel welcome. The atmosphere was always very chill and laid back, as are the servers and all staff, but are at the same time attentive to the needs of every table. Although the person who brought my food was not my server, he was still aware of when our table's drinks were getting low and helped out when my server was busy with other tables. I've been in when it was slow and also when it was pretty busy on a weekend, and each time the food came out in a timely manner and had the opportunity to speak with both the Chef and one of the managers who seemed to be checking in with tables. Some might see the menu as slightly pricey, but if out with a group, I've found it best to split a dish/pizza with a friend (the serving size of the pastas are very generous, and the pizza has 6 slices). The only downside was having to wait the time I went on a weekend, but found out the hostess' time estimate to be pretty accurate, so it wasn't really a big deal. Fry's Spring Station is slowly becoming one of my favorites in the Cville area and it as a lot to do with the overall greatness of the establishment, as well as the history behind it (used to be a car shop but was redone as a restaurant).

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Fry's Spring Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Delicious pizza, but expensive for a family of four. Although they were "family friendly" it's probably better as a date restaurant.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went there on easter sunday and as expecting, the place was very busy. After being seated, we continued to wait and almost was going to leave and our server finally made a stop by to take our drink order.We consumed our drinks before our order was placed. It took a long time for our food to arrive, and when it did arrive, one of our meals was cold. It had to be returned. The server quickly brought out another plate. The food, was good but, unfortunately I will not be returning. unless someone else is buying

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here recently for a late Sunday lunch with the family. We loved the old service station ambiance. The service was good and our pizzas were great. They have some decent local craft beers on tap. Overall it was very enjoyable.

Allison D, Public Relations Manager at Fry's Spring Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you! Very happy you enjoyed your meal/service/atmosphere!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

When Fry's Spring Station first opened, food and service were consistently great. I can't say the same the past couple of times I've been. Had gone to brunch for the first time, from a friend's recommendation. Service was average to good. In the past during dinner, service has been mediocre and slow at best.

Our party had ordered the frittata, eggs station style, shrimp and grits, waffles and fried apples and smoked salmon. Two out of five dishes had to be sent back to the kitchen. The shrimp and grits were cold and sitting in a pool of butter and the eggs station style were cold as well. The frittata had two hard cooked egg yokes in the middle of them. My smoked salmon was a complete joke. Beautifully plated, but hardly enough to be even considered an appetizer. The amount of salmon that was provided would only cover 1/4 of a bagel. Chopped hard boiled egg was substituted for red onion. The grilled pita points were smaller than most croutons I've had on salads. The only saving grace for this botched meal were the fried apples.

The MOD did come by our table soon after we sent two of the plates back. He comped both dishes that were sent back and had new plates brought out.