“Excellent Local Food!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St NW
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were in Charlottesville for a few days and had a wonderful experience at Brookville Restaurant. The restaurant is located on the pedestrian mall and is nestled on the second floor. The atmosphere inviting, casual with an elegant feel. We were excited to taste their local and changing menu and it was outstanding! My husband and I shared the porkbelly and meatloaf, and both were outstanding. For dessert we enjoyed fresh baked bacon chocolate chip cookies----yummmm!! The wine list included local selections which were also excellent. We hope to return the next time we are in the area!

There are newer reviews for Brookville Restaurant

Reviewed December 6, 2013

WE came to see the Virginia Gentlemen at UVA and did the historic downtown looking for an unusual place to eat and WE FOUND IT!!.. TRY the popcorn cooked in bacon fat; YUM
(don't do it too often) ALSO they have fried bologna, great hash and home made fingerling
potato chips; the view from upstairs looking down to streetlights at Christmas time was
wonderful.. oh don't miss the chocolate chip/bacon cookies; seriously amazing oh and
so was the maple /apple waffles with a teeny bit of yummy icecream, really they could
give you MORE ice cream!!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Long story short...atmosphere and service were ok....food was excellent and all locally sourced.

Food report:
Bacon Popcorn: Just the right amount of bacon drippings....not swimming in grease, but very tasty
Braised Lima Beans: not bad, but comparatively bland
Roasted fingerling potato hash: Maybe the best dish of the night.....with bacon and gruyere cheese - topped with a soft fried egg
Butternut Squash Soup: perfect consistency, complimented with cilantro cream....tasted like fall
Braised rabbit: tender and flavorful, served over cheesy polenta with rabbit jus
Bacon waffle with apples and ice cream: One of the best desserts I've had in a long time...sweet and savory bacon studded waffle paired with creamy vanilla ice cream and stewed local apples

With only one night in Charlottesville, we wanted to try and get the waffle and the hash for brunch the next day, but they didn't have it on the brunch menu (you should fix that Brookville). Overall a great meal!

1  Thank pjballey
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Only local products and produce are used. Bacon and pork belly are prominent on the menu. Bacon waffles and vegetable stacks are wonderful. The menu changes depending on what is available. I heard good things about the menu and when I got there, it was different. I picked what sounded good and was not disappointed. I enjoyed the change of pace, the unique menu and decent prices. Nice local wines as well. Definitely worth a try and different from the usual.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everything is somewhat local and fresh and the menu is interesting. Some of the items I never would have tried but so glad I did. They also have good deals - the night we were there was half off VA wines! The salad we got was simple but so good. Our entrees were delicious...one tried the chicken, another the pork belly, and another the lamb pasta dish. Amazing...and the dessert was out of this world. We got three to split - the bacon chocolate chip cookie (YUM), the waffle with peaches (YUM YUM), and the Apple Cider donuts which I think was my favorite but they were all good. Definitley worth checking this place out if you are in the area.

1  Thank WhitV