“Good Diner”

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, Brunch Lunch & Dinner
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This unpretentious Greek-style diner turned out to be a very good choice for dinner. The exterior was very simple and we found the interior to be cozy but comfortable. We were seated quickly and our waitress attended to us very promptly. The menu was very typical of an East Coast diner. I ordered the Chicken Souvlaki, which was very tasty. The rest if my family got a veggie pizza and a pulled pork sandwich. Everyone was happy with their choices. The prices were very reasonable making this a pretty good value.

2  Thank Debbie K

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were looking for a place to get breakfast or brunch--and a bloody mary--that would enable us to get to an 11AM tipoff for a UVA basketball game on a Sunday. The Cavalier Diner had 'em all--and really nowhere else in the vicinity of the John Paul Jones Arena did. It opens at 7:30 AM with great breakfast choices, excellent coffee, great service, and Bloodies for about 5 bucks! Why go anywhere else if you want to avoid the high priced brunches that all start at 11AM? And you can get breakfast all--day--long! The only downside--the owner hates separate checks. You can ask but you probably won't get--and that's too bad. But get there early--by 10:30 or so the line is out the door--well it is on a Sunday anyway.

1  Thank CvilleMike
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have enjoyed eating breakfast at the Cavalier Diner for a long time until yesterday. My pancakes were salty. My friends crepes were bright yellow. After complaining about the salty pancakes the hostess brought me bright yellow french toast that tasted horrible. The coffee smelled like old cigarettes.

Our waitress was excellent and very concerned about our bad food. The hostess was rough and had no class at all. She kept stating "no one else has complained about the pancakes today, blah, blah, blah".

Also, a small toddler was being passed around the diner by several employees. The kid had his fingers in his mouth and was behind the serving counter. I think that a health code violation. It grossed us out. I kept wondering which one of employees was changing his diapers and handling the food.

I am very sad. I wish I knew how to contact the Greek owners.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I can't tell you how the food is because the owner had our car towed before we could even go into the restaurant. We had the same experience as the poster before us and the parking lot was completely empty! This guy has some serious anger issues.

1  Thank krinchickie
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We go often, they have great breakfasts all day (the best waffles in Charlottesville!), great eggs and omlettes, and super sandwiches and fries. Try their pizza or Greek dishes, too. Very friendly, clean, family restaurant.

1  Thank JandPdineout